DVD player.

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Righty, here's my latest project. after getting a dvd player for my car for christmas, i came across problems fitting it, the dash gets in the way of the screen when it tilts back, meaning it's hard to see from the front seats.. like this:

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

To overcome this i've turned the centre part of the dash upside down(right in picture):
PICT0036.jpg

This basically means that the headunit itself is lower down,
PICT0037.jpg

allowing the screen to tilt enough to give good visibility, Though i have no picture of it :( Also wired in is a plug and play controller with over 30 gaqmes built in :D

get a picture mate it will be worth it, lol i demand you to go to your car now ! i like the look of those ripspeed dvd/ screen players, thing is are they secure with a removable facia

they don't have a removable fascia no.. that's the only downside. However for £255 (inc. staff discount) i'm not complaining. and since i have nothing better to do, i'll get a picture now!

PICT0040.jpg

it's the ripspeed dv710 from Halfords. Well happy with the results so far, and the unit itself seems to be pretty good too, especially for the price.

About the legality of these, is it law that the screen is wired to the handbrake so it's only usable while the car is parked or not? At the minute it's not and the cable that should go to the handbrake is just earthed. As long as i never use the screen when on the move i shouldn't have any problems right?

have u got a side on shot of how angled the dvd palyer screen sits against the top part of the dash im pretty interested in doin this myself???

im sure you found the amount of cables, RCA's and inputs on the rear of the unit amusing whilst trying to fit it..lol

ive fitted about 400 of these (well not quite) but they amaize me every time i do.

make sure the settings are on "stereo" rather than "surround" as because there is no centre speaker in your car you wont get any Voices or imidiate sound quality, only back ground stuff.

and although the fascia isnt removable, the unit is screwed in using the smalles screws known to man..lol :laugh:

and howdya get staff discount? do you work at your local halfords?

yeah i work there :p

and can try and get the side angel picture soon, its sits just right for me to see it from my driving position though :)

c'mon the Halfords Crew,,,lol

im after buying the new Carrera Banshee 06. or maybe even the banshee X for a bit of DH ing in france this year. as my £3000 competition bike was stolen.
what are your thaughts on the bike cos as far as i can see, its a Kona stinky with smaller 4 link plates and a smaller shock.

sorry im poaching your thread,

not seen the banshee x yet, dont think we're getting one in til Thursday. the 07 banshee looks nice though, quite a bit more than last years model anyways. And for £499 it's as good as your gonna get really :)

You can install these screens upside down by the way......

The unit would be upside down, but all you then do if flip the image on the screen (most have this feature) and the screen will flip down but with a correctly orientated image :)

Nice work though, impossible in the early K11's due to where the heater controls are!

not seen the banshee x yet, dont think we're getting one in til Thursday. the 07 banshee looks nice though, quite a bit more than last years model anyways. And for £499 it's as good as your gonna get really :)

Off topic lads so use the PM facility

Cheers

erm jus to ask how did u turn the centre part of the headunit upside down matey would be interested in doing this to mine cheers deano

cut it out from the back using a dremel drill or similar, flip it upside down, fibreglassed back together and fillered on the front..

had been meaning to take more pictures as i did it.. but didnt.

Back