I'm new.. with a twist..

So I've been lurking for a while and trying to pick up a few hints and tips for my future build.
I may get a few haters for this but its a Micra k11 1.3 engine transplant into a very tatty classic mini.. A sleeper some would say ;)
I've given myself a year to do this as the mini needs a bit of prep (You will see!) before the cross over. It will mean an almost mint k11 shell will also be up for grabs at some point :)

Anyway, my names Niki and I'm doing the majority of this work myself (Heavy lifting and man things I have left to my other half Jack :p ) Id like to start tuning the engine of the micra before i make to cross over as im using it as a daily at the moment and want a little more poke from it.

Specs so far.. Nothing! Standard K11 with a rattly exhaust tunnel and intermittent acceleration lag?

So yeah.. Hey! :)

Cheers, Ive taken a look at that build thread over on the mini forum. There is a lot of ideas and information to go by, just need the time and effort to do it all!
I'm ill at the moment so work has stopped but currently at the point where the mini is ready for chopping and welding, also looking into building a frame for the engine so looking at peoples topics for ideas.

Finding it hard to find an airbox to upgrade the micras current one :(

This is nelly before i took her off the road..

DSCF4893.jpg

DSCF4887.jpg

photography.jpg

As you can see, shes a junker! I aim to keep her that way too :)

Looks like the way to go, will keep an eye out! cheers :) Does it have any performance gains?
the gearing is a bit lower (4.05:1, preface 1.0 or 3.9:1 1.3,s ) and the facelift 1.0 has an even lower ratio, but a higher 4th and 5th gear (so is pretty much the same rpm @ cruise)
so you only need the (plentiful) f/w, clutch, g/box and shafts, rather than buy another donor car

Dont forget to add that little spice like as if your cooking food, basically add taste... Turbo it..... it needs to be done and quick!!!, am i right thinking the front brakes are drums aswell as the rear? was told the metro turbo discs and callies would fit on them, best upgrade for the mini!!

J

Nope, mines a later model with discs up front as standard, Thinking of going down to 10's when its all done. Trying to keep costs down too is a problem.

Haha its really obvious now you say it!
Do you think anyone will be interested in the shell once its stripped? Its an aircon model but the silly bint who owned it a few people before me hit something and popped the aircon rad. It has a new crossmember which is a bonus!

Believe it or not Nelly is actually quite sound in comparison to a lot of minis on the road! (She still has an MOT) It just looks skanky as thats the idea.. I'm going to try and leave it looking more or less the same so when its back on the road no one will think any different to it.

10inch wheels dont really affect the gearing too much due to the tyres used.. They usually bring it up to a similar rolling size that a 12' would be using.

I used to have a 1.0 micra but found it too slow and boaty. My current one is a 1.3 but i just cant shake that mini bug off.. Its going to be quick when ive finished with it :)

Thank you,
Had a bit of a moment last night, put a big dent in the drivers floor pan when putting it onto blocks of wood.. Not from the jack but as the shell rocked over onto the wood :( ... Can easily be stamped out so no biggie..

Wednesday I will be looking for an almera airbox, is it worth getting the throttle body if its a 1.6 car?

Back