Hey I'm new :)

SaMmY

Ex. Club Member
Hey just wanted to say Hi.

In the New Year my very nice brother in law is giving me his car (3D L 1.0 1994) all for the amazing cost of £100 as he wants rid of it.

Im currently learning to drive so this is going to be a great first car for me to practice in and then use once passed my test. Im 21 years old and female and was just wondering how much other people around my age pay for insurance on a provisional/full. Post office have quoted me £59pm with £200 total excess.

The car works great apart from a one bit that will annoy me with being cold lol. The heater only works when the fan is on full blast, anyone know how this might be fixed?

Thats and ill be visiting this forum alot so look forward to getting to know you all :grinning:

SaMmY

Hi Sammy, welcome

The heater fan thing is a common problem with the fan switch 'resistor card' i think. You can get these from Nissan or a scrap yard. Insurance should be cheap enough considering your age etc.

Good luck with your driving and test(s)

Steve

welcome to the club be sure to start your own blog!

The heaters in the K11 are known to be pants!!! Theres not alot to be done about it just wear a wooly hat and big coat!!

thanks for the replys how much do the resistors cost from Nissan?

Hopefully the insurance will be good, i cant wait till the new year to finally get the car im like a little kid all excited :grinning:

Hey ive found a thread to do with the resistor but does anyone know if i can get one brand new without having to go to a nissan garage? Dont really want to get one from the scrappy just because if its a known problem i can get a new one if something happens to it. Many thanks :)

Welcome... Dont know much about the k11 as i own a k10 am 21 too my first years insurance cost my £1013 but that may be due to my 9 points :p

enjoy your stay here!

hey and welcome =] cant comment on insurance, im 19 and my 1st was 2k(iv had a crash and one stolen though) hope you get summat good though!

I'm sure ive got a working heater resistor hiding in the cupboard, i'll dig it out!
And welcome eh! (Y)

Back