IGNITION KEY STATIC ENGINE PROBLEM.

Hello all, I do apologize if you all think that I have posted this in the wrong place but here goes. I have a Nissan Micra K11 engine which is not in a car. The car was scrapped. It was an 02 car. I want to run the engine and the engine is connected to the harness computer and ignition key assemble. It is exactly as it would be if it was in/on the car. The only thing that I do not have is an ignition key. Can anyone tell me how to get the engine running. I would think that I would be able to start the starter motor easily enough but how to get past the transponder situation is the problem. I assume that the ignition key/transponder etc sends a signal by wire to the computer but do enlighten me if I am wrong. As I just want to run the static engine the security etc that goes with the ignition system is not required. As I am sure that one of the experts on this site has worked it all out so I thank you all for the information that I am sure will be coming.

Hello again, I have been thinking and after looking at the ignition key module I have noticed that on the sticker on the side there is mention of a radio frequency. I assume that the correct key will match this frequency when inserted into the loop on the module. If they match ie correct key the module will then send a signal to the computer allowing the engine to be started. As there is a set of pins on the module I again assume that the signal from the module will travel to the computer by wire. If that is the case is it possible to replicate this signal to the computer by other means maybe by connecting pins together or connecting the correct pin to a either positive or negative source.I would be grateful for your thoughts. I live on the Shetland islands and there is no Nissan agents here so you people are my best bet for help. Thank you.

A 02 is a coilpack engine. They have a immobilizer. That unit with the mhz on it does it also say keyless on it? If so then thats the unit for the remote fob to unlock the doors and you can bin it because it doesnt do much with the immobilizer.
The immobilizer can be bypassed by soldering in an emulator like julie.

A 02 is a coilpack engine. They have a immobilizer. That unit with the mhz on it does it also say keyless on it? If so then thats the unit for the remote fob to unlock the doors and you can bin it because it doesnt do much with the immobilizer.
The immobilizer can be bypassed by soldering in an emulator like julie.
Hello, Thank you for the reply, up to now you are the only one to reply. The unit does not have keyless on it. I was wondering if I put together a transmitter tuned to the frequency which is on the unit would that allow the engine to be started. I understand that it is a radio frequence that interacts at the ignition switch but what type of signal is then sent to the comuter because if that is not a radio signal and is a positive or negative signal can this be done by joining wires or connecting a voltage source to certain wires going to the computer. I am into electronics and a radio amateur and have built many transmitters etc. Knowing more about the signal required would be a good start. I have a Nissan Micra which is in very good condition and have had three of them as well as a k10 many years ago. I am 84 and intend to keep my Micra on the road for many years into the future but as I live on an island out in the North sea rust is a constant battle. It would be nice to get my spare engine running so thank you for any more info. Logan.

Hello, Thank you for the reply, up to now you are the only one to reply. The unit does not have keyless on it. I was wondering if I put together a transmitter tuned to the frequency which is on the unit would that allow the engine to be started. I understand that it is a radio frequence that interacts at the ignition switch but what type of signal is then sent to the comuter because if that is not a radio signal and is a positive or negative signal can this be done by joining wires or connecting a voltage source to certain wires going to the computer. I am into electronics and a radio amateur and have built many transmitters etc. Knowing more about the signal required would be a good start. I have a Nissan Micra which is in very good condition and have had three of them as well as a k10 many years ago. I am 84 and intend to keep my Micra on the road for many years into the future but as I live on an island out in the North sea rust is a constant battle. It would be nice to get my spare engine running so thank you for any more info. Logan.

Hello again, I have looked at the frequency number on the ignition module on my static engine and also on the one on my car and they are both the same. If other cars are the same I do know what this means but it cannot be the frequency used to send signals to start the car as if it were I would expect each module to have a different frequency. Logan.

Back