Sticking ignition key...

J

janey

Hi, can somebody help me please, my ignition key wont come out of the ignition when I turn the car off...well it does eventually after I wiggle it for about 5 to 15 minutes. When I turn it fully anticlockwise there is resistance then a click and it eventually comes out, I have sprayed it with WD40 with no results. Has anyone else heard of this problem? The car is an X reg 1.0S

I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Janey

is it one of those barrels where u have to push the key inwards to release it?

if not then i advise getting someone with knowledge to check the barrel for any damage or loose parts that may have come off and stopping the barrel release to wrok properly for u to get your key back out!

Its not a push in to release key, so I think you're right I better go to an expert, probably cost an arm and a leg though. Thanks for replying micra.jas much appreciated. :)

Its the anti hijack feature of the barell, its so that if someone tries to steal your keys at a junction or watever then they cant do it very quickly. Throo time it starts to wear a bit an can feel like its jamming, there isnt really much you can do to be honest mate.

Daz

Back