if anyone is looking a super s engine with bike carbs look here

You think that's pricey? I saw a CG13 Autograss engine running on bike carbs and a lightened flywheel go on eBay for over a grand a while back. You could buy a really decent modified K11 for that, and have enough change left over to do those engine conversions anyway fwn

You think that's pricey? I saw a CG13 Autograss engine running on bike carbs and a lightened flywheel go on eBay for over a grand a while back. You could buy a really decent modified K11 for that, and have enough change left over to do those engine conversions anyway fwn

If you could do it yourself yeah but if you had to pay a garage, once you've bought cams with fitting your looking at at least 3-400 quid, gasflowing, skimming, port and polish all expensive work lightening a flywheel again expensive! If you have to pay to have it done

Yeah, paying to have anything done is expensive. That's why I'll always try to do the work myself, or at least learn how to. Goodness knows how much I would have spent if I had to pay a garage to do all the work I've done on my car :suspect:. Theiving vultures round my end

Yeah, paying to have anything done is expensive. That's why I'll always try to do the work myself, or at least learn how to. Goodness knows how much I would have spent if I had to pay a garage to do all the work I've done on my car :suspect:. Theiving vultures round my end

true they have to make a living tho i guess. trouble is most of them can sus out when a person doesn't know jack all and they pile it on. my mate takes his peugeot to the dealership all the time to get repaired and its only an old 306 hdi i told him to bring it to me but he doesn't seem to mind paying £300 for a service and an extra £500 when they bull#### him and tell him it needs brakes and god knows what else :suspect:

true they have to make a living tho i guess. trouble is most of them can sus out when a person doesn't know jack all and they pile it on. my mate takes his peugeot to the dealership all the time to get repaired and its only an old 306 hdi i told him to bring it to me but he doesn't seem to mind paying £300 for a service and an extra £500 when they bull#### him and tell him it needs brakes and god knows what else :suspect:

Exactly. Soon as they know you know nothing, they charge you extortionate amounts. I had a similar situation with my mates Vectra, took it to the garage for a new exhaust and discs/pads (which it didn't need, it just needed new pads), and ended forking out nearly £1000. Granted, he got some of his money back, but I told him if he just bought the parts at trade price, I could have fitted them for him for £50 and a cup of tea :glare:

Back