Idol problem

Joel1993

My car is blue... not PURPLE
Hey there. Bit of a problem with my idol recently. Was driving fine then I started it up one day this week and every time I revved it it lost rpm and almost cut out. After lowering the fuel pressure slightly this has got better. But when Idoling it seems to be on 1000rpm. Then maybe go to 1500rpm then straight down to 500 or even 300 and almost cut out. I cleaned the air filter but no luck. Annoying me also because when I downshift it doesn't pop anymore haha. Any ideas? Cheers guys :)

the adjustable reg has probably screwed up the longterm fuel trim joel, any faultcodes ?
haven't checked yet as the management light is always on due to not having a cat. Going to sleep now because of night shifts but will have a gander when I get up. Cheers frank :)

you should try a lambda extender on the 2nd sensor joel :)

index.jpeg

Tried removing the second sensor and fitting a bung to the hole it came out of? That should get rid of you EML problem at least

Could be a split fuel line around the reg, knackered injector ie sticking, or as frank says, one easy thing to try is maybe reset the ecu, should revert the ecu back to its base factory default setting.

Could be a split fuel line around the reg, knackered injector ie sticking, or as frank says, one easy thing to try is maybe reset the ecu, should revert the ecu back to its base factory default setting.
Was gonna do that... how do you reset it like :)

Right... Closer inspection of the problem.. fuel reg... I put the pressure to 3 Barr. But it then slowly rose to 4.5 Barr. That's way too much haha. Reseting ecu now. Just hope that will do something

you might get some gains by fitting QG (red) injectors and dropping the reg to 2 or 2.5 bar joel ?
Yeah I already have those injectors in frank. But the car seems to struggle when it's about 2.5 Barr. It feels like it has dead spots. I shall give it another go though :)

Yeah I already have those injectors in frank. But the car seems to struggle when it's about 2.5 Barr. It feels like it has dead spots. I shall give it another go though :)
no wonder the longterm fueltrim is out then mate ! you probably need a proper rising rate reg tbh, my generic ebay one only drops the pressure from 3 bar to 2.5 when there is vacuum in the mani (ie, half a bar difference, just like the stock one does)
those regs "claim" 1.7:1 ratio :rolleyes:, my home-made ghetto reg would run about 1.5 bar @ low throttle/high vacuum, and that cured the overfueling during idle and light throttle when big injectors were fitted, then @ wot the pressure would revert to 3 bar :)

Last edited:
no wonder the longterm fueltrim is out then mate ! you probably need a proper rising rate reg tbh, my generic ebay one only drops the pressure from 3 bar to 2.5 when there is vacuum in the mani (ie, half a bar difference, just like the stock one does)
those regs "claim" 1.7:1 ratio :rolleyes:, my home-made ghetto reg would run about 1.5 bar @ low throttle/high vacuum, and that cured the overfueling during idle and light throttle when big injectors were fitted, then @ wot the pressure would revert to 3 bar :)
Haha nice info there buddy. I have reset the ecu and everything is running great. I have put the pressure to 2.5 bar so I shall see what that's like :) cheers for your help frank and everyone else

Back