K11 2002 starting problem

Hello new to the forum.
Having a problem with a k11 2002
I go to start the car it will start but idle very low and cut out nearly straight away when I put foot on gas no problem just when I let off it cuts out.also strong smell of petrol from exhaust.any body have this problem before? Thanks in advance

Possibly the MAF, disconnect it and see what happens.
If it is that, the car will run quite happily without it.
The fuel smell is to do with this as well, un-burnt fuel because it is not firing properly.-

Possibly the MAF, disconnect it and see what happens.
If it is that, the car will run quite happily without it.
The fuel smell is to do with this as well, un-burnt fuel because it is not firing properly.-
Thanks for your reply is it the map sensor you are talking about where is it located? Thanks

Could be. Its not uncommon. They fail quite alot due to alot of oil vapor. (The filter for this sits in the airbox and isnt changed alot. Just pull it out and you'll see what i mean. Its on the side of the airbox)

Attachments

• 1072-060811-025147-01-010-PTIMG.jpg
    1072-060811-025147-01-010-PTIMG.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 243
If you open up the airbox and remove the filter you can see a small filter on the side. Its on the front side. This is the oil vapor filter. Id advise to replace it if its dirty.

But first check the maf. A OBD reader can help alot with this.

If you open up the airbox and remove the filter you can see a small filter on the side. Its on the front side. This is the oil vapor filter. Id advise to replace it if its dirty.

But first check the maf. A OBD reader can help alot with this.
Thanks for your help I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.