Idle valve cleaning gone wrong! Cant get below 2500 rpm... HELP!

I cleaned the idle valve, there was A LOT of gunk on it. Took it out with contact cleaner, bolted back on, but the idle speed is way too high.
I tried to adjust with the two allen bolts, turning the TPS as low as it goes - nothing.

To be worse, i sprayed contact cleaner on the butterfly, and after that i saw that the fkin MAF is above it! Doh!

Is there any other way to lower the rpm?

As Frank said, almost all cleaning idle valve are O ring related! (trapped, broken, misplaced). You have to be careful and gentle when you remove and refit the valve. Try to catch it back, fit it correctly or buy a new one and apply a light touch of wd40 around it. Baguette gave me this tips when I cleaned mine. Good luck !

It must fell somewhere, i didnt noticed o-ring, it was so gunked that it acted as a seal
but then I saw this picture
dsc03967r.jpg

:blush:

Thanks guys, im looking for new o-ring now

Funny thing is that today I cleaned IVC on mine, I removed carefuly the valve to not lose the o ring, but there wasn't any! I checked inside the IVC to see if it was trapped, but no o ring neither... I cleaned the valve and fitted everything back, idle seemed fine... very weird, I will check that again tomorrow...

The word to look for when buying O-rings for harsh environments is 'nitrile' :).

Back