Idle Controller Valve

T

TJ_1984

Hi all,
has anyone had any experience with the above? The problem I'm getting is that the car cuts out when I apply the breaks when its been cold or damp or even sunny! It only does this occasionaly and once the car has warmed up all is ok. Chatting to my crew partner he said that his son gets this problem a lot with micras and that it's usually the control valve on its way out. A) Where is it in the engine? B) any one know any where that sells them? C) any other ideas?

Ta!

Hi TJ. I might be able to assist your question. I had exactly same problem and took whole winter to sort out. It was serious problem for me because engine did not start in the morning and yes had cut off. As you said it is all fine once it is warmed up. The valve is located on the front of the throttle body and you may need to replace whole throttle body if it is appeared to be broken. However I recommend you to check thermowax element and related part, such as clearance between the fast cam and throttle cam. This is how I got out my problem.

Back