• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hi guys and Idle judder I cant get rid of.

Hi guys new to the forums here, nice to be a member of MSC now I've finally joined. Bit of background:

Couple months ago I bought a 1.0 K11 "S" Vibe. Already love it despite it needing quite a bit done. I have been tinkering with it for the past couple months doing bits here and there. One problem im trying to tackle atm is an erratic idle/judder at idle. It seems to be related to current draw as it judders much more when the engine fan kicks in or I turn on the blowers on full or turn on the headlights. If all 3 are running at once its horrendous. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor as when I got the car it had the maf issue and symptoms, replacing the maf has cleared up the drive ability and it now drives a million times better so ill rule that out. I have also changed the fuel and air filters, removed, cleaned and replaced the Idle Air Control Valve, Cleaned and wire brushed the battery terminals, raised the idle speed via throttle bump stop screw (only way to stop judder is to set idle very high but this isnt ideal and quite noisy sitting in traffic) ,but the idle judder remains. The throttle body looks very clean from atop the engine bay. Im thinking it is either a faulty iac valve, lambda sensor (s) or battery/alternator issue (though she starts no problem) As you can see im really not sure and need you guys advice. The car only has 45,000 miles on clock. 1 owner since new minus myself and a 51 plate, got her for £300 from an old lady. Any advice/suggestions would be great cheers.

Yeah im going to get some frank, a bt adapter and some good phone software, google play has some not bad obd tyoe apps on it these days plus with that I could have my phone in cradle and monitor live engine data AS I drive :D though that could result in constant paranoia lol

Back