I would never hoon but,,,,

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Pleased to say I managed to blow off a 2litre Golf going up my favourite hill.

He was trying a "bit" as I was flat to the floor accelerating in 3rd and had to toss it into a bend quicker then I normally would so it looked a bit untidy but in the end passed him and left him behind as the corners continued.

To be realistic it comes down to intent as I could go no quicker around the bends with the tyres I have and the engine had no more power to give and I'm sure he must have had some more oommpf left in the Golf but just wasn't game to use it.

Still it was fun and he was giving it a bit of a go as he was trying to accelerate away from me as the hill and curves started.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
You should've hit the hand brake around the corners and take advantage of those tyres...lol if anything i learnt last few months...drive safe, be in control and know the limits (the car that is not ur balls).

CMF_ndxxx

» CMF Member
Take up both lanes, just aslong as you know there's no cars on the opposite side of the road. I don't see why anyone would think this is bad or "hooning" you enjoyed it yeah? Do it more often. I take the micra out skidding and **** all the time, probly because I'm hours from a race track and my car wouldn't be able to take it. Anyways ill stop ranting about ****, sounds like you had fun buddy n_n what are the specs of your car out of curiosity?

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Unfortunately I think the term "hoon" refers to anything even close to spirited or simply enjoying driving :( They're even looking to unclude playing music too loud into reasons they can impound your car in SA now.

The micra is great though, and definately surprises a few people through the hills :) There are a few tight twisty roads near my place where the speed limit is 80, but nothing other than something small and light like the micra, or something with tuned brakes/suspension and decent tires could achieve it comfortably.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Aww, It was dual lane for a short time for overtaking and the first bend is almost on the start of the overtaking lane. We were both side by side going around the first bend. A right hander, he in the left and me in the right.
The first hundred yards or so before the overtaking lane started he was already spooling up so I had to keep contact so hit the first bend a little faster then I would normally.

Never a risk of tossing it away but just "untidy", car had not had time to settle into the bend and balance itself. So a little bit of correcting instead of my usual constant lock throughout the bend.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
ndxxx WROTE:

"Take up both lanes, just aslong as you know there's no cars on the opposite side of the road. I don't see why anyone would think this is bad or "hooning" you enjoyed it yeah? Do it more often. I take the micra out skidding and **** all the time, probly because I'm hours from a race track and my car wouldn't be able to take it. Anyways ill stop ranting about ****, sounds like you had fun buddy n_n what are the specs of your car out of curiosity?

you can do all the dumb **** you want as long as you don't put others in risk..I personally Still thinks taking ur car beyound road limits in a uncontrolled, un predictable environment is just stupid.. And if u enjoy it then by all means, heaps of people here has parts or wreck to sell...if ur still In One piece or not in jail thAt is.

Back