(sob) I must be getting old

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Oh dear and woe is me, either I or the Micra is getting old.
Today on my favourite twisty bit that I know like the back of my hand I could not loose this "P" platter in a freakin falcon sedan!!!.

All he had was wider rubber then standard but nothing else showing. I expected to leave him behind on the hard corners where I just keep the power on but he stuck to me like glue.

I was at 10/10ths and he was just,, there (sob, shock ,horror)from the few glances I managed in the rear view mirror he was doing it okay, staying in his own lane without the huge drift that big cars normally get when they try to chase me.

He gave me a wave at the top of the hill which was nice but the shame of it all :-((. Must be time for Mipcar to retire and get a Toyota Corolla and take up lawn bowls.

I've discraced the side (hangs head in shame).

Mychael

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Dont be so quick to put it down.

He may have handling gear himself. The new model falcons handle brilliantly for such large tanks.

Otherwise I think i speak for everyone when I say that it seems the time has come to go forced induction. :p

cisco

» CMF Member
Teehee yeah bad luck Mipcar.

No big deal. He could well have had handling gear aswell for sure. Unless it was just a pretty new model falcon I agree - they have very good suspension and always wider tyres now even standard.

Yeah the best feeling is to beat them both in a straight line as well as in the corners.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I've NEVER been beaten up there before by a stock big car.
Sure some have stayed in touch but they were working to do it, hanging the arse out and tire squeal.

I'll never know how close he was to 10/10 but I could not pull an inch on him.Only time I even thought I was getting somewhere was on a quick reversal left right but nothing like the lead I'd normally pull.

I was outa grip and handling more power would have got me no-where.

I'm bluddy mortified.

Mychael

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Mychael he had some serious suspension mods for sure.
You need to go forced, lower the Micra put some Whitleline gear on it, some Koni adjustables at least and then you would kick ass.Come on its only money and you have plenty left after the TR re build ( sick joke)
You ain't slow mate I can testify to that, so dont feel bad. He was just modded up.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Thanks for that Dave I feel a bit better. Only Trouble is the Micra is lowered already.
Although having said that my suspension as in struts and shocks are getting very tired.
They really need replacing and firming up, maybe next time when I buy new rubber I might try for something better although not a lot of choices in stock rim size.

Mychael

Back