i want a square number plate for the front on my micra

danny1.0l

Ex. Club Member
hey guys i am just asking who knows where i can get square jap style number plates for my micra as i want to get one made as was wondering if halfords of anywhere like that do them

hope you guys can help me with this predicament

danny1.0l

Have a look on ebay they are alot cheaper than the highstreet, and they sell them as show plates so you dont need to show the V5 and your driving licence....

im going for a plate off net saves me showing v5 etc...easier to be honest..

showplates there about 9quid a plate

Dude I got mine done from Helfrauds a week ago and it cost me around £13

Newplate.jpg

Have a look on ebay they are alot cheaper than the highstreet, and they sell them as show plates so you dont need to show the V5 and your driving licence....

These type of traders are operating illegally! Anyone purchasing Plates must show their Drivers lic and Reg Certificate, its to counteract cloning plates and if they're caught its a £2500 fine, and if your plates are not to DVLA standard you get £60 and 3 points minimum (from the rozzers), next there's VOSA (DTVA for us in N. Ireland) who won't pass your car @ MOT, and then there's DVLA may try to get you a bigger fine by taking you to court if they think it's deliberately mis-represental of the allocated Registration.

You can get a truck type plate and fit it (most motor factors can do these), Only imports eg JDM imports, have a dispensation cos a standard UK plate won't fit. Even then there's still strict guidelines as to the size of plate and the digits which are used.

A lot of crap, I know, it is just for the benefit of the rozzers and tax check camera's cos their ANPR can't read modded plates.

I only know the legal crap as I had to go through the training course when our garage bought the kit for making plates, and the supplier was legally obliged to state the new laws comming into force in N. Ireland to bring it into line with mainland UK.

Sorry for the double post,

as far as I know halfrauds do the square truck type plate,
but you will need the registration certificate and photo ID (preferably drivers licence cos some of their staff can be very thick)

k11micra, I do see where you're coming from on this, however can't they get around it by calling them "show" plates?

If I'm honest I technically had illegal plates on my old K11 for 2 years and it passed 2 MOTs with them on, because the font and spacing was totally standard:
regplate..jpg

Yeah I would trust Helfrauds, as the guy rang VOSA as I was there to confirm it was all legal and it is. Post some pics when you get it done danny mate :)

Does I am the only one to prefer James' number plate much than square number plate? Would look very good if the're was a square plate holder:
platee.jpg

k11micra, I do see where you're coming from on this, however can't they get around it by calling them "show" plates?

If I'm honest I technically had illegal plates on my old K11 for 2 years and it passed 2 MOTs with them on

Yep, technically they're illegal although the digits and spacing are correct, and I'm surprised the MOT centre didn't make you fit the correct ones, i've had cars turned down for the garage logo at the bottom being too close to the digits, and minor cracks in no plate!
The only thing you're allowed at the side is a GB/EU symbol, and they don't like the border line around the edge, although there is nothing in DVLA guidelines to the contrary. People have been fined for having alterations to the side (eg. audi badge,etc..) and the technicality of 'showplate' just puts the bulk of the responsibility for using illegal plates on the driver, if not the owner.
Most of these type of traders will ask you to sign a disclaimer stating their 'show plate' is NOT FOR ROAD USE, and any such use is totally at the risk of the purchaser and the Rozzers know this!

it's all a con on the motorist so the money grabbin government can get their paws on our hard earned cash without having a lot of trouble!

For the record, I don't really like the square plates, official import sized plates are where it's at ;)

almera..jpg

Yes, I'm aware the Nissan logo makes that one of mine illegal too ;)

I've got ebay plates on my Corsa and had them on my Micra for years, and they passed all MOT's. Even had my own URL on the bottom instead of a garage name and it got through

For the record, I don't really like the square plates, official import sized plates are where it's at ;)

Yes, I'm aware the Nissan logo makes that one of mine illegal too ;)

I know, the Jap spec plate looks the business! That's why my celica has them fitted (but then again its a JDM import) Rozzers argued the plates wern't legal until I was able to tell hem to check the law on registration of used imports, and that ####ed them off

Anyone with a query on uk srec plates check out: http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/media/pdf/leaflets/V796.ashx

I know, the Jap spec plate looks the business! That's why my celica has them fitted (but then again its a JDM import) Rozzers argued the plates wern't legal until I was able to tell hem to check the law on registration of used imports, and that ####ed them off

Anyone with a query on uk srec plates check out: http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/media/pdf/leaflets/V796.ashx
Mine was on an Almera with a Pulsar rear plate surround I bought from Yahoo Auctions Japan! :wasntme: hehe

Oddly though, the plate I got made up had "BS AU 145d" and the name of the supplier on them!

Mine was on an Almera with a Pulsar rear plate surround I bought from Yahoo Auctions Japan! :wasntme: hehe

Oddly though, the plate I got made up had "BS AU 145d" and the name of the supplier on them!
haha, that'll fcuk them up if the sh17 hits the fan, cos they should know better!

if it doesnt have bsau145d the plate is illegal. i got pulled over by traffic police i looked suspisious to them and they did me for not having the bsau145d on it because they couldn't find any other faults. i had to make a new plate and get it stamped from a mot place.

I've had "Illegal" plates on every car I have owned but as they were all correct lettering and spacing they all passed MOTs no problems, some sets have come with BSAU 145D and postcode etc on some have not. The police have also stopped and checked my car before and not said a word about them so tbh I would always just buy them cheap from eBay :)

I've had "Illegal" plates on every car I have owned but as they were all correct lettering and spacing they all passed MOTs no problems, some sets have come with BSAU 145D and postcode etc on some have not. The police have also stopped and checked my car before and not said a word about them so tbh I would always just buy them cheap from eBay :)

Its your licence mate, if you can afford to chance an extra 3 points
Just wait unitl the local ####s are wanting to boost their targets or want to get their stripes, especially traffic branch (Road Policing Unit)! those b'stards would do their own mum for a bald wheel on a shopping trolley

if it doesnt have bsau145d the plate is illegal. i got pulled over by traffic police i looked suspisious to them and they did me for not having the bsau145d on it because they couldn't find any other faults. i had to make a new plate and get it stamped from a mot place.

As i said before, I was done for a similar thing, fined, had to get new plates made, fitted, and then take the car to the Rozzers station in Ballymena to show it had been done to the fcuker who fined me!

Its your licence mate, if you can afford to chance an extra 3 points
Just wait unitl the local ####s are wanting to boost their targets or want to get their stripes, especially traffic branch (Road Policing Unit)! those b'stards would do their own mum for a bald wheel on a shopping trolley

the words in bold and underlined are so funny ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
danny you should think whats best for you and choose on your own accord.

Back