I need to buy glasses - buying online???

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all,

Just had an eye test today at boots and I've been recommended I wear glasses, it just 'might' help with all the migraines and crap I've had over the last 18 months or so.

My question is, has anyone used an online site to buy your own from, Boots prices on the high street are ridiculous, the same DKNY glasses I would like at boots where £250 when online I've found them for £136!

thanks
Kev

Is that with lenses though kev? Never bought any online before.

Yes, with lenses.

After giving it some thought I can get good deals online much much cheaper then on the high street.

However I need them for working on pc's and also for driving and if I get a pair from boots or similiar on the high street I can get a second pair free which can be sunglasses to use in the car.

Most if not all online sites are priced per glasses and lenses without a second pair free.

Kev

Boots are very expensive. Get a copy of the prescription from them and go to Specsavers, who usually have better deals, frames & prices. You may also find cheaper prices from local independant opticians. I'd never buy them online, purely because you can't try before you buy.

I guess the only downside is the custom fitting. They take your measurements instore when you buy glasses, something that's harder to do online. I always go to the opticians for my glasses. But work stumps up most of the money.

I usually get mine from Specsavers on the buy one get one free but I still end up spending a fortune. My last 2 pairs were £185 in total but thats cos I have lens coatings which you have to pay for on both pairs (And I have expensive tastes of course lol, always buy Osiris frames). And I also pay £24 for months worth of daily contacts (but I don't where them often). Shop around is the key as everyone says but I prefer to have them fitted in store rather than buy online.

Thanks for the advice,

It seems if you want 1 pair, it's much cheaper to buy them online, but in most cases online stores don't offer a second pair free.

So even If I got the ones from Boots at £250, I need a second pair for driving so my free pair can be my driving sun glasses bringing each pair to £125.

I'm sure Specsavers or similiar will be cheaper though.

I'm going into Leicester on Sunday to have a shop around and see what deal I can get.

Kev

I bought two pairs thinking i need some for driving they had the auto tinting thing and to be honest i think ive used them a few times in three years :(

bit of a waste of money if you ask me fwn

if i leave the others at home and pop out in the car say shopping they tint very easily and i get a bit paranoid walking round the shops on not even a sunny day and these things are slightly tinted you look like a rock star wannabe :blush: people look at you wierd.

Well all I know is if you got a pair and they were rubbish someone is going to say "You Should've Gone To SpecSavers", lol.

thumb_Specsavers-UK.jpg

thumb_Specsavers2-UK.jpg

Should_ve_Gone_to_Specsavers.jpg

Back