Assault - should i claim compo

Hey guys im in a bit of two minds about this so i'll give you all the details so you have the full story. I apologise in advance if its a bit long so if you dont want the full story just skip to final paragraph an ill do a quick summary to save you guys time.

Well... Last thurs I filled up my micra at jet garage in selby and was just getting back in after paying for the fuel (and fags) when my brother noticed a lad running off with a jerry can full of fuel. He said he thought guy had nicked it so i (in my infinite wisdom...not) chased him and confronted him. Failing to notice his HUGE mate in the getaway car who just happened to be waiting for a tw@ like me. Needless to say it didnt go well and I was shortly admitted to A+E. I got superman punched by this bloke then on my way up got either kicked in face or hit with the jerry can and was ko'd for second time...yay. It was reported to police and all that jazz just waiting out on what they hav to say an if they catch the guys. On my interview couple days later the Cid woman told me.I would be entitle to compensation and that i should go for it but I havent really lost out on anything.

So the quick version. Tried to be a hero, didnt work. Got my left eye socket broken (possibly needing a plate) got a broken nose, broken tooth, maligned jaw oh and I scraped my knee lol. Oh and a £60 pair of boots and my uniform for work were took off me.by police for evidence, and ive been given the next 5 weeks off work so Im feeling some tweekng of the k11 :)

So the question should I really claim for being stupid enough to take on thieves by myself?

We live in a claim society now and you pay your due's financially for other so you may as well take advantage of the flawed system because if you don't it will only be kept by the insurance companies as a profit!

Your totally an innocent by slander standing up for what is right so you definitely should claim!

Milk it for everything though because if you aim low then they cut away the compo you wouldn't be left with much! So am high and make out on lost earnings, can't eat, can't sleep, you have nightmares, your afraid to travel alone in your car! Just milk every aspect of it trust me you prob won't get much :(!

Good luck though and sorry you got beaten up!

Pepper

Cheers for replies guys, I looked into it and for criminal compo it doesn't matter if guys get caught or anything ir even if they have money. Purely one phone call with all info and as long as i milk it ;) could see up to 20k (see aiming high). So i think ill ring them mon morning when there office opens
Think ill be going turbo micra next then :)

Yeah thats what criminal compensation is for. A few years ago i got headbutted but ended up better put the 2. My mate called police to say i got attacked and the guy was kinda long gone before the arrived bit all details were took. Thing is due to this i lost my sense of smell but somehow it was hard to notice as i think i gradually lost it as i remember being able to smell things but not as good as i used to them all of a sudden just cant smell. So i was speaking to a guy in which the same happened and he claimed asap and managed to get £14K, when i tried it was 3 years after which was 1 year too late. **** happens eh?

Take them for everything!

I forgot to mention that. I cant smell or taste anything, unless its particularly rank like. Cherrs for that i would have totally forgot about it otherwise. :) :). If they give me extra for it ill fire it your way to fuel your turbo adfiction mate

Well done for trying to do the right thing, and a shame about the concequences. Hope you recover soon!

Cheers bud, only thing left is a review thurs to decide if a plate goes in my face or not, other than a bit of pain and needing to wear sunglasses outside im ok now. Got like 5 weeks off left but no car to work on till end of the month so im just sat at home with my daughter, at least i still get paid when im off sick though.

Cheers bud, only thing left is a review thurs to decide if a plate goes in my face or not, other than a bit of pain and needing to wear sunglasses outside im ok now. Got like 5 weeks off left but no car to work on till end of the month so im just sat at home with my daughter, at least i still get paid when im off sick though.

Eeegads! o_O

...hope you're okay dude... You should deffo put in a claim
...you will only get so much sick pay, and that's dependant on your contract at work...think of the earnings you'll not be gettting while you're off work for 5 weeks

...I hope you don't get too bored by the way...I had an operation on my hand and was off work for a month back in January...was bored silly...couldn't drive or even play my PS3 as i couldn't hold the controller So depressing! LOL
...good on ya for chasin' him but next time....remember they have camera's at service stations, although often crap one's...just get a description next time :p

Feel better soon mate ;)

Back