I need a new key!

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
When trying disable my steering lock before starting the engine last night, I managed to bend my key 180 degrees. The alarming thing is that I could bend it back in my hands. Surely thats not right.

Anyways, I need a new key. Do I have to get this from Nissan? And is it something they can do for me there and then? I can't find my spare. Also any ideas on a price?

Tom

has your car got nats? if so i think you may need to get it from nissan,then you will probably have to get your car dragged to them so they can program your new key

if its you that has the mauritius it doesnt come with N.A.T.S so you can get a coppy made in the high street cos ive got three copys of my key lol

i was looking into getting a central locking kit from rclick.com as its been recomended, was just wondering because i have NATS on my key will i be able to get a kit from there?

Sorry for thread hi-jacking btw :)

krish iv just ordered my kit off their lol umm it says you can put you chip in that key so maybe tom could do that too?

Thats what i plan on doing anyway lol

is N.A.T.S. not just an imobiliser any way and you normally get a seprate fob for the alarm controls so if your still starting the car with the origanal key it should be fine

No but i would want to be using the new blank keys you get from them...cutting that to the same key i have at the moment and then using the new key, which will control my central locking aswell as starting the car.

krish iv just ordered my kit off their lol umm it says you can put you chip in that key so maybe tom could do that too?

Thats what i plan on doing anyway lol

Okay wel can you let me know how it goes :)
Cus if it works for you i would problly try it out :D as i was looking into getting a kit very soon.

hopefully i'll be getting my kit today.then i'll get the key sorted next week, i dont like the idea of wrecking my other key lol. i'll let you know how it goes mate. mullet i think your right there

hopefully i'll be getting my kit today.then i'll get the key sorted next week, i dont like the idea of wrecking my other key lol. i'll let you know how it goes mate. mullet i think your right there

yeah drop me a Pm when you have started it if you want dude :)

Back