Buying a spare key

hi

can someone tell me if i buy a new uncut red chip plain key (non remote) does anyone know if the main dealers will code this key for me or is there anyway to do this yourself? any ideas how much a key cutter will take to cut this type of key?

also if i buy a nissan consult to check engine faults etc... will this option code the key for me? if someone can give me a step by step guide would be much appreciated

kind regards me

You could try this place in Glasgow
http://www.autocruisers.co.uk/index...th=287&zenid=685c37f1e624ad82f6402672e6bf4cef

There are both blank keys with the red chip and fobs a available on ebay to build your own key.
Check the fob is the right frequency - Should be on the side. Something like 433.92 MHz

You will not be able to recode the key yourself.
Have you tried Nissan for complete key including programming?

There is another way. You tape the chipped key near to the ingnition barrel. Unchipped keys can the be used to start the car.
The downside is you lose the imobiliser and the car can be hot-wired.

You could try this place in Glasgow
http://www.autocruisers.co.uk/index...th=287&zenid=685c37f1e624ad82f6402672e6bf4cef

There are both blank keys with the red chip and fobs a available on ebay to build your own key.
Check the fob is the right frequency - Should be on the side. Something like 433.92 MHz

You will not be able to recode the key yourself.
Have you tried Nissan for complete key including programming?
QUOTE]

thanks for your reply twister.... if this shop offers the key cutting service does this mean i still need to take the keys to nissan so they can code?

regards me

Some key cutting places can code keys. I had one done on our 96 Micra a few years ago but that was a different type of key (no remote) and possibly a different version of NATS.

Try giving the shop a ring.

hi

i went to autocruisers in Glasgow today for a spare key and was told it will cost me £140 for the nats remote control one or if i wanted a plain key non remote version coded for £60. personally i thought this was expensive and also asked if i bought an uncut key from ebay would they cut it - NO!!!!

is there any other key cutters for automobiles located within the Airdrie or Glasgow district?

regards me

Back