I made my dci the babbi

I have took off the back box after trying different boxes and cracked it, replace with a 50mm round piece of exhaust pipe that's it. My tuning box had to be turned down from max 8 to 6 to combat flat spots , but wow what a sound . Nothing on tick over or driving about, but red line it through the gears and its sounds and performs a treat . just a £6-50 pence bit of tube and a bend connection £7 that's it , of course a k-n filter ,I swear down 0-60 - 8 seconds and 115 mph straight up to it pulling its balls off .

LOOK AT THIS VID the box is a diesel tunning box off the internet £90 plug in and tune to what you like 1 to 8 settings , look at this vid my Micra has a cherry bomb on hear makes a good sound on diesel but to heavy without welding brackets on , and rattled that's why I chanced to the pipe . if you think the mods make no difference look at this vid of a once 86 bhp diesel and say sorry ps, K-N filter not KF

Last edited:
A piece of pipe will not make a difference.
What's this tuning box ?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
You don't need a lot of back pressure on a turbo diesel so unlike a petrol the smaller the better not bigger , take off the ****y back box that gets sooted up and let it flow free , just tune the tuning box so no flat spots and you have a monster

Last edited:
I still can't seeing that doing 0-60 in 8 seconds. Maybe 10 since factory is 11-12.
I expect people like you to doubt even if I had a stop watch video , you would say the watch was fast . I can only tell you the truth its up to you to believe it . IF your good with the gear box and keep the little turbo on , you only need 3 gears to obtain that

needs a boost gauge fitting now manic :)
Frank good idea , but I will tell you what , you can see it delivers in the video , and my sole purpose was to hear the car , people go on about diesel being noisy , but I had this car brand new and it was to quite . I got the car the speed and acceleration I wanted but could not hear it , kept looking at rev counter. Now I HAVE FOUND THE SOUND , you cannot hear it till you power up or down fast. My fun is not straight line speed, but overtaking cars on twisty roads that would eat me normally . there faces as there back end swings out trying to catch me , you can see on avatar how low I am . ps Sorry dyslexic post may be hard to read .

it just would be interesting to see if your gains were from the tuning box cranking up the boost level or fuel delivery :) (or a combination of the 2 ?)
the 1.5 dci juke/qashqai outputs 240 nm apparently eh !

it just would be interesting to see if your gains were from the tuning box cranking up the boost level or fuel delivery :) (or a combination of the 2 ?)
the 1.5 dci juke/qashqai outputs 240 nm apparently eh !
The juke is a bigger bhp than the micra even though 1500
, I bought the last k12 type at 86bhp , I think the juke is 105 bhp standard no certain. But soon has the tuning box was plugged in you new something special had happened , I ran it on the 8 setting with the standard box , but on 6 now with the straight pipe so I would say its down to the BOX money well spent no fuel change , if there is its for the better. I always drop 1 of those DCI small redx bottles in a full tank to keep injectors clear.

Back