I feel like Ranting...

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Sorry, I just feel the need to rant! :(

I hate not knowing which people I can trust, who won't take advantage of my kindness or talk about me behind my back.
I am so fed up with it at the moment.

I'm am taking someone - who I thought is a friend - to a CKY gig in July. However she now appears to be best mates with one of the girls that I used to go to school with and who made my life way more complicated than it ought to have been because shes conniving and two-faced and will happily tell lies about other people if it gets her on the good side of another. She got me slapped in the face by someone I thought I got on with, cos she lied to her saying I didn't believe her mum was dead.

Now, I may just be being paranoid, but I feel like this isn't going to be great for me. Considering the bad experiences I've had and people taking advantage of my previous naivety, I do have some serious trust issues. And now it's looking like it will happen allllllll over again. And now I'm not sure whether I should take this so-called best friend to the CKY concert anymore.

And another thing, WHY do people treat me as a doormat!? Can't they see the real me? Can't they just like me for who I am, and not be two-faced and conniving, or ask for my help just to benefit themselves for once?? One frickin' moment?!

The only I feel like I can really trust is my boyfriend, and NeX. (luv ya dude :hug: I don't know what I'd do without you). Even ModdedMicra to a certain extent ;). That's it. No-effing-one else.

Also annoyed about CKY. If CKY are meant to be so great with their fans, why will they not answer my simple question on AskCKY or reply to my message on MySpace? That's all I want. I never got to meet them at the previous 2 gigs I went to, so whats the stuffing bet that they won't give me the time of day in London, Bath or Florida. For flips sake - they're the only thing that got me through Secondary School, and they can't even grace me with a response. I have bought all of their albums, in multitude in some cases, and merchandise etc, but I'm feeling it's all going to pointless waste.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to do a whole ranty thing, but I am just fed up with it now. Fed up with being a sodding doormat :( And you wonderful Micra peeps feel like my only friends in the world right now!

Personally i'd get rid, if she can dump you as a friend like that, then you don't need people who treat you like that. :)

I don't usually post on threads like this, but for some reason decided too.. The best way to stop being walked (probably the only way) on is to put yourself first, or at least more than you would usually.
You will find those that try to use you will start to fade away as they wont get your attention any more, and those who don't will have more respect for you.

If I were you I would totally ignore this 3rd party and don't in anyway get involved with jealousy confrontations paranoia or anything like that. You may find it tricky but guarantee it will work in the long run. You may even find that this friend of yours may disappear for a short while, but they will be back when they realise the same about the annoying one. Again stand your ground, and I would still take your friend if they want to go. Just remember you can choose your friends but you cannot choose your friends friends !

How do I go about telling her I don't want to come anymore, that's the other dilemma I have :( I want to have a good time, go with a good friend, but I'm not sure whether I can find it in me to lie to her, even though she doesn't exactly treat me like a mate in return :(

Ed> those are very profound words mate, thanks :)
I think I'll take her, but won't take her crap lol. I keep on getting told by my mum I need to start putting myself first, unfortunately my docile nature finds it hard to adhere!

Aww Niki don't let her get to you. As Krazy said, if that's the case then she's not worth the time of day. Believe me, been there, done that.

Regarding CKY, try and remember how many other people they must have asking them questions and messaging them. Same happens with me when I try to speak to celebs (or even Charlie Brooker) etc on Twitter, I never get a reply, unfortunately that's just the way things go sometimes. I'm sure it's nothing personal :)

*hug*

I did not know that you are a girl.. I feel somewhat of guilty now. Anyway, the usual advice is to forgive and forget, I don't follow this myself though because it is easier said than done. A selective number of people will always take advantage of you; I am always taken advantage of in one way or another, because I have things which people don't. Ie, a driving license. (Based on my young age and naivety.)

I give people lifts here and there all the time, but I don't get petrol money in most of the cases, it's gone as far as even my own family taking the #### sometimes. A good example is where my grandmother asked me to pick her up from the pub. I had brought my 13-year-old sister with me for company (it being a 30 minute drive.). We were under the impression that we park up next to the pub, she jumps in, and we take her home. However, this certainly wasn't the case; my sister didn't bring her shoes with her, so I could screwed at by my Nan for bringing a "stupid 13-year-old girl" with me and for not bringing her shoes (as if I wanted to bring my sister in to a pub at 1am in the morning full of fudge-packing drunks). So she told me to f' off and go home. No thanks, no petrol money. Just a bunch of #### talk and some embarrassment.

When these things happen, I think sooner or later you start to become a less trusting and tolerable person. Not because you want to, but slowly you just become really hateful of the crap people put you through. I cannot believe you got slapped because your friend lied about whether you believed something or not, to me that's nothing but disrespect and bull####. If that were me, I'd be in a scrap with that person right there and then.

I think you just need to reflect on things, pick out your friends who you think deserve your time and general attention as a person/friend. When people find that they can get something for free or do something without consequence to them, they'll surely do it. Not everyone is like this, but some people just generally feel that it's okay to treat people like #### under their shoe. It doesn't faze them any, nor do they lose sleep over it. It's just something they don't realize, and for you to have to put up with the trail of bull#### and destruction is absurd.

I don't know you as a person, but I safely assume you probably think I am an ####### due to all that Hyundai lark in that thread, but judging from how you are thus far and your weird (sorry) infatuation with this forum and the people. I can cleanly say that you're a genuinely nice person who deserves far more than the #### some of the people give you.

Just put down the roof on your cabriolet and drive, or something.

Hyundai said:
weird (sorry) infatuation with this forum and the people.
It's just that that keeps people here when they no longer have Micras! :)

I'd like to think we're one of the friendliest marque-specific forums around!

Dont trust anybody unless you have a good reason too, its not very sociable but it works..

if somebody betrays you even once... they have the capacity to do it again

you give somebody a metre, they take 2 , you need to let them know that your friendship isn't guaranteed , again kinda sad, but works

The CYK thing? make your bf, or NeX or someone go with you instead, lol, if you take your friend they're just gonna think they can walk all over you.

Hi I'm sorry I did'nt know you were a woman either,:blush: Sorry.

Look I've put up with it for many years ,if your too nice and you let things go over your head your a target to be walked all over. Once you believe in yourself, learn to really have time for yourself you will find out who your real friends are. . . .they will still be there weather it be ringing you to go for a random drink or to just have a chat.

Best of luck

Baz

You can trust me!! (Y)(Y):p:p

i dont think i have ever given anyone a reason not to trust me.... but the reason i can feel secure about that is, i keep my word, allways and if anyone else that i come into contact with seems a little "dodgy" i will keep my cards very close to my chest. keep them guessing... its all about the poker face. if you are trustworthy and your no sure if they are or not, dont let on that you suspect anything. its like dogs smelling fear, if they know you know, they will act uppon it.....

if im rambling its cos ive been up since 6 and its now 02:20am. :glare::glare: i just cant sleep. but you can still rust me..lol :blush:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo024.jpg
    Photo024.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 324
awww Nikki!!! :hug:

first of all you know where i am if you need a chat ok, and you can come and drive my cab ;)

this is a very difficult thing to think about because as soon as you involve other people you add an unknown into your life. they are there own person and because of that they could do anything and you wont be able to predict it.

now if you are in a bad mood, or feeling hurt then the most natrual thing to do is to isolate yourself from people, at least from a friend point of view, so you will still talk to the person at the shops who serves you and stuff but you are not going to make friends with anyone.

that is an instant cure to your problems, but it will not work forever because it is also natural for people to interact. they need each other and you will never feel really happy without other people, even if you feel safe.

if you are in a good mood you may not notice the signs when people change and stop being trust worthy, often this is part of jealousy, if you are happy then people will bring you down.

the perfect balance, (which is near enough impossible to maintain) is to just live your life and have people in your life, but don't give them too much, only if they deserve it. Try not to be too generous because that attracts the leeches, but don't be too closed off because no one will want to interact with you.

this is very hard to do because your mood will change and so will the people you are intereacting with, and the balance will almost always be off. but one rule that i stick to is: if your "friends" EXPECT something from you, then they are not your friends. if you can't say NO to them without them getting angry and falling out with you then they are not your friend. a friend is someone who excepts you the way you are and likes you for just that, they make you happy and you make them happy so everyone is getting something out of the friendship.

as for the situation in hand. this friend you are taking with you, if they are a friend you should be able to talk to them face to face and ask them if they are ok with you, and to ignore anything that this other girl says. and just a fact to make you feel better, this other girl was making your life hard because she is jealous of you. that is fact. she will probably be jealous because you are happy being you, and she is not happy with herself, and she hates that you can just be happy and she cant so she is trying to make you feel bad even now. but don't let her win, know you are better than her, know that everything she is doing is to make you feel bad and if you ignore it then she has failed.

if friends choose her word over yours then they are not your friend. you can try and talk to them and explain your point of view, and any friend should give you a chance to explain yourself before giving you a slap but in the end they are not worth the effort.

as for CKY, i will come if you got nobody to go with ;) lol

as James said, CKY are probably very busy, i know how you feel when bands don't answer your questions, but don't take it personally, i am sure if you met them face to face they would be nice people even if from a distance they seem really selfish. its just part of the system, they have music to make and places to go and things like answering questions from fans unfortunatly gets pushed to the back, and usually its because out of all the things they are doing, answering questions doesn't directly make them any money. they would rather answer the questions in an interview and make some cash, even tho looking after your fans is the best way to make money.

i hope you are feeling better, like i said you know where i am, i am coming to visit soon, and its friday and sunny, its perfect Cabriolet weather, maybe we should go for a cruize together with the cabs and do some photoshoots :D

take care :hug:

I was their childminder, just incase anyone was wondering :p

oh dear.............................you know that once its on the internet it is there for ever!!!

Thanks NeX, and all of you! :hug:
I know this is only an internet forum, but I've met some of you, and it makes me happy to know that there are actual decent people in the world, with most of them being on this forum! :)

NeX> I'm free tomorrow night possibly, so I will let you know whats shakin' and might come down - or you come here! :p You're awesome and I love you, you can definitely come to CKY if you want! :D

Mm> haha you're right that did cheer me up - alot! :D

James > Thanks man :) *hug*

Baz, Diskwiped > thanks dudes, they're really kind words :)

Antony > I'm sure I can trust you to a certain extent! lol :p

Hyundai > Thank you for your kind and insightful words too. It's alright, I don't think you can really tell what sex a person is over an internet forum, until you meet 'em in real life. I'm not quite the av-er-age girl though! :)

I feel a lot better today, especially after reading this thread! :D Still a bit miffed about something that happened today, but nothing I can't cope with I'm sure lol!
Thanks so so much for making me feel better, all of you :)

hope it all works out for you micrafish you seem like a nice enough person and im sure that it will come back and bite the others involved in the bum as it usually does :D

Aww there's a lot of love on here :grinning:

I found new friends in the most unlikely of places where i work, the kind of people who i would have probably hated and been hated by at school lol, but they are solid people who show the meaning of sticking up for one another, unlike a few people who i was friends with less than a year ago. But as said above look out for yourself and you will also notice people who respect that.

I don't usually post on threads like this, but for some reason decided too.. The best way to stop being walked (probably the only way) on is to put yourself first, or at least more than you would usually.
You will find those that try to use you will start to fade away as they wont get your attention any more, and those who don't will have more respect for you.

If I were you I would totally ignore this 3rd party and don't in anyway get involved with jealousy confrontations paranoia or anything like that. You may find it tricky but guarantee it will work in the long run. You may even find that this friend of yours may disappear for a short while, but they will be back when they realise the same about the annoying one. Again stand your ground, and I would still take your friend if they want to go. Just remember you can choose your friends but you cannot choose your friends friends !

I agree totally with this.
Sometimes you just have to assert yourself, this applies to all aspects of life, no one respects a pushover (not saying you are one), its not deliberate its a natural reflex, there's nothing more attractive and empowering then confidence. Seriously, live life by YOUR rules, listen to other peoples opinions and decide if your going to apply them, or note them and cast them aside.
Remember you only get 1 life, you want to be able to look back on it and say I did what I wanted regardless of opinion, people always respect someone who knows what they want and doesn't hide it.

And remember no one can put you down unless YOU give them permission.

Peace

Back