I feel Really bad :(

Bought my first micra the other day, drove home great it seems tip top!,

recently had four new tyres
front discs
new calipers on the front
new pads shoes all round
recently valeted!

drove it home as it had mot/tax and i insured it for the day..... it drove brilliantly!

it had to have its mot today and it failed on alot! got a few prices to get the work done and it was shocking!

£680 + it needs undersills welded, the front needs a new bonnet, new wing another light, drivers door needs welding the tail the top shock mounts have rusted through from the underside and covered up on the topside! (couldnt notice this when inspecting as the covers where glued on!) the list really does go on!

if i do the work myself it will take me quite some time as i work most days / nights

so its not going to be cheap! but the good thing is a friend of mine has a 1.0 micra that has a brillaint shell which is for sale and has no rust! but the engine is totally seized!

now i dont want to go and take the car to be scrapped but what else can i do?! all the panels are in good condition except for the passengers door and the rusted described above! all the shocks are brilliant!

so if anyone could advise on the situation as i am quite stuck and dont want to scrap it :(

i'd buy the shell if its as bad as it says, but pics of the car and the MOT sheet will help. switching engines over is pretty easy, can be done in a day if you're good

i could do a full detail on a car (like the one i have posted) and it will look mint, it must be a rust bucket, why would it need a new bonnet? I doubt anything is in that good condition if the rest of the car has been left to that amount of neglect. Swapping shells and such will save you no real time or money. Not sure who you bought it off but i would take it back saying its not fit for its purpose. For 680 quid you could pick up a minter.

Put some pics up and a copy of the mot failure. :cool:

i have decided to break the car up for spares it is a k11

the bonnet has rust around the latch area underneath and doesnt lock properly!

there is quite a lot of bits all over the car, took it to a friendly mot station and they said the same about the underseals but the bonnet wasnt a massive issue (i did put a secondary leather strap to hold it down if it did pop up)

the drivers door seems to be the best panel on the car! oh and the front wing is near perfect! the light is brilliant but everything on the passenger side is naFF!

the rear interior and all that is in very good condition, i have listed it on ebay but due to rules i cannot post the link etc on here

but if anyone is interested i am located in croydon cr0 area!

shell will be going to scrap as soon as i recieve the log book for it which will be in the next few days :( i have taken a few bits that i want from it

Back