I drive a tank.

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
I had my first crash this morning. I was late for college and took a short cut down a country road and then 2 minutes away from college I collided head on with a rover. I'm not sure what speed we were going but about 30ish and so was the rover and we both met at a blind corner.

The state of his car was horrible, a complete mess on the front and oil leaking on the road. But my k12 only had a dent on the bonnet and a cut in the bumper and the indicator bulb had gone out. Nobody was hurt and we both drove home alright. I know it could've been a lot worse, very lucky the ground wasn't too wet.

I'm stuck at home now doing my best to nurse my baby, changed the indicator already, anybody know how to fix a cut in a plastic bumper?

Thanks guys. (Y)

I don't have any pictures of the rover because I didn't have my phone with me when it happened (first day I've ever forgotten my phone, and the worst day.) Just taken some pics now:
(Took the headlight out because it was in the way.)
dsc00321si.jpg

dsc00320m.jpg

Dad thinks I should just buy a new bumper and new bonnet, but I want to try and patch it up for now because I don't have the money :(

You will not beable to fix that. You can try plastic welding but its not likely to be great. Trouble with the K12 as it may have damage underneath, you can't tell as everything springs out.

thats nothing to what i was thinking it would look like... yeah i would go with new bumper and bonnet. never seen the inside of a k12 before :(

good luck (Y)

If it was a 30 mph head on crash the air bags would have deployed! so probably wasnt that fast...

As for the bumper, just tape it up tbf until you can afford a new bumper, unless you are good with fiberglassing etc...

Open the bonnet and try to push the creases out with a rounded object...worked for me :)

I'll go get some duct tape then for now :( Might ask the D&T department if they have a plastic welder, worth a try.

Suppose I'd better jack the front of the car up then and look underneath, will need to find axle stands first.

If it was a 30 mph head on crash the air bags would have deployed! so probably wasnt that fast...
Good point! I hadn't thought about that, what speed would the bags deploy at? It would help if I could find out about how fast I was going, the parents might not be so angry then (Y)

I presume the rover was an older car?? The reason I say this is that the crumple zones and crash protection built into modern cars often masks all the damage. my old 405 was driven into by a brand new Saab about 4 years ago - my car had half its front end missing, and the saab only a scratch - literally!!

Worth geting it checked out if you can afford as 30+30 (although I doubt you were both doing that speed on a blind bend) is a 60mph collision which is bloody quick!

I had my first crash this morning. I was late for college and took a short cut down a country road and then 2 minutes away from college I collided head on with a rover. I'm not sure what speed we were going but about 30ish and so was the rover and we both met at a blind corner.

The state of his car was horrible, a complete mess on the front and oil leaking on the road. But my k12 only had a dent on the bonnet and a cut in the bumper and the indicator bulb had gone out. Nobody was hurt and we both drove home alright. I know it could've been a lot worse, very lucky the ground wasn't too wet.

I'm stuck at home now doing my best to nurse my baby, changed the indicator already, anybody know how to fix a cut in a plastic bumper?

If you're anyway handy with a soldering iron, you maybe able to fuse it together. I done it on a 97 mondeo bumper a while back and tidied it up with a little fibreglass and paint.

:wow::wow:My little sister had a k11 micra which she used to write off a mk6 golf in icy weather - micra only needed a h/lamp, bumper and bonnet(Y)(Y)

Back