Quashqai test drive/paint

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Went to our local Nissan dealer to have a test drive of the new Quashqai. first impressions were good.
The model we drove was the all singing all dancin' spec....We went for a drive which was smooth, power delivery etc etc was fine blah blah blah....

It was only when we got back to the dealership that we noticed that the paint on one of the micras in the showroom was, to be perfectly honest, Orange peeled. Not really what i was expecting for a brand new vehicle.

So we then decided to investigate a little further moving onto the next vehicle which was the Note, this also had the same 'Orange-peel' effect on the Paint.

Next up was was the Quashqai, same again, although not quite as noticeable on the silver...then it was on to the biggy....the brand new but sold £26000 350Z painted in 'Night Blue'....but it's not really worth that because the paint was also 'Orange-peeled....(oh...my...god).....and there i was thinking that the 'Electrolosis paint system' Nissan uses was quite good...mmm...methinks not now..

So, there we have it, i've experianced a Nissan dealership, seen all the new models and if i had my way they'd all be heading back to the Paint-shop......

NB: If there happens to be anyone from the paint shop on the msc please don't take offence as i'm just airing my observations and if you could give an explanation as to why the paint is that bad it would be appreciated :)

Tbo the paint today on most cars is just dire, i can show you a car which is 12 years old and the paint will look 10 times better, so what gives?

Anyone else had this with new vehicles and not just the Nissans?

cheers

paul :)

the paint finish on most modern cars is a bit orange peely nowadays, it still gives a good shine when polished up though, its just the rust proofing agents and manufacturing techniques that make it look that way.

Did you query the paint issue with anyone in the dealership? Would be interesting to know what they said about it

Did you query the paint issue with anyone in the dealership? Would be interesting to know what they said about it

Going back on Monday to test an Automatic Quashqai so will ask them then. :)

the paint finish on most modern cars is a bit orange peely nowadays, it still gives a good shine when polished up though, its just the rust proofing agents and manufacturing techniques that make it look that way.

It does shine up well, the dealer said there's 18 coats of paint and lacquer...but it doesn't look like it to me. It reminds me of the ripples in the sand at the beach...it's not right...not for 15 grand anyway. the techniques used are poor imo :(

So basically the cars nowadays come with dodgy paintjobs? Sounds like i would be better off buying a vehicle which hasn't been painted on the outside and getting it professionally Sprayed for £3000 less than the asking price.

Back