How to smoke/tint back lights of k11?

hi guys. i've seen quite a few k11's that have there back lights smoked / tinted. they look pretty good. i wanted to them to but have never done it before so just wondered if any of use could help me.
cheers

remove them from the car (3 10mm nuts and loads of glue) rub them down with a scowering pad. dry them. and spary them with smoke/tint spray (a few coats. keep holding them upto the light to see how much light will come through. and keep smoking from there if you can still see the light, go as dark as you want)

you could do them with black gloss paint (very lightly) then laquer them.

squarepants your a genious lol... im going to be doing that tomorrow or something.
but before i get the spray thing what is the actuall spray paint called so i can get it?
and wheres the best place to get it? halfords?

p.s. do you think it will look good tho mate? have you tinted your lights?

Just go to halfords or where ever and ask for tint spray, they'l know what you mean. Think it's about a tenner..

squarepants your a genious lol... im going to be doing that tomorrow or something.
but before i get the spray thing what is the actuall spray paint called so i can get it?
and wheres the best place to get it? halfords?

p.s. do you think it will look good tho mate? have you tinted your lights?

tint/smoke spray. be steady with it. as its runny stuff. 1 coat every 15min should be about right.

halfords or any motor factors will do.

it will look good. i have done a few sets of smoked lights and sold them :) seem to fecth good money. never fitted any on my cars though.

thanks squarepants. going to be doing that tomorrow then hopefully... i will show use by uploading pictures but thing is I don't know how to upload pictures on this? :S

the outside.
Don't buy it from helfrauds, it is 15quid for a tiny tin, you can get one twice the size for 5 quid from the bay.

Tint the Outside.
Micra lights are bonded in,rather than break the seal for such a simple job you can mask around the lights & tint in place.
Borrow a hairdryer & warm the lights before painting,it helps paint go off quicker,avoiding runs.When I use aerosols I warm them in hot water or with hot air gun,it gets the paint flowing better.
We used to mix some black basecoat with laquer & apply with a gun to get the same effect...
Oh and sorry to bang on but the law apparently sayes you may tint rear lights but it's naughty to tint the reflector part.Most plod would not notice but bet your life the hawk eyed moustached traffic division officer would...

Yeah, to be fair, they were damn dark and you could only just see the tail lights in the daytime. I got away with it for a year or so, didn't see the point contesting, it gave me an excuse to get the LED's!

oh well guys. im not doing it no more lol
got my micra washed today and it seemed fine until i came home and got out the car the paint was abit off lol (white patches) i don't see the point doing them now! :(
just going to wait for a new car or buy another micra.

Back