Help - How to fit front fog lights!

As the title says, i'm wanting to fit a pair of front fog lights to my micra.​
I've already discovered the wiring/clip for the front fogs, which i believe is right behind the drivers side headlight? The bumper doesn't have any cut outs for fog lights to go straight into. But also, i don't want to have to change the indicator stalk, if that's possible? I have noticed a few threads on here mentioning that front fogs can be wired up with a switch, save having to change the stalk?​
If any of you guys could give any help in how to, or even better, someone post a link to a thread on how to do this?​
Cheers​

I got mine done the other day from a electrician
As mine did not have a switch I used another rear demister switch in the blank on the dash and put in a blue relay into the engine bay where it says driving lights .
Although it was not that easy !
You have got to undo the relay box from the car and underneath the relay connection there are 4 wires that need to be swapped around as I've had it done so I can switch it on and off via the new switch
I'm not sure which ones were swapped but I can try and find out !
Then from under the relay a wire was fed into the car to enable the switch .
As far as the switch goes ,you need to get a switch from the scrap yard with some of the wires from behind the dash so they can be tapped into the rear demister switch for power and earth .
Then the wire that runs from under the relay is connected to the switch
I think I only used 3 wires from the new switch

I will try and find out what wires were used and which aren't
And also try and post some pics of how it was done in my motor

I hope this will help a little !!!

As mine did not have a switch I used another rear demister switch in the blank on the dash and put in a blue relay into the engine bay where it says driving lights .
You have got to undo the relay box from the car and underneath the relay connection there are 4 wires that need to be swapped around as I've had it done so I can switch it on and off via the new switch
As far as the switch goes ,you need to get a switch from the scrap yard with some of the wires from behind the dash so they can be tapped into the rear demister switch for power and earth .

So yours is a pre facelift??

Also super s fogs on mine had one plug behind the drivers headlight but no plug on the other side so I fed two wires across and tapped into the other fog light

If you could find out, and possibly puctures, thats be awesome!

Back