how to see the difference in gearbox?

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
how to know which gearbox is which gearbox?
i mean which gearbox haf the lsd one and which one do not have
RS5F30A and RS5F31V gearbox viscous limited slip differential.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well for starters the 31 series is larger than the 30 series.

You can tell open vs LSD though from the casings. The V casings are typically much larger around the differential area.

Not that it matters too much though. the 31 series came in a number of completely different casings.

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Well for starters the 31 series is larger than the 30 series.<BR><BR><BR>You can tell open vs LSD though from the casings. The V casings are typically much larger around the differential area.<BR><BR>Not that it matters too much though. the 31 series came in a number of completely different casings.

oic
but the the gear ratio and the final drive is it the same?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The final gear ratio usually changes depending on the vehicle it was fitted to.

The 31 series gearbox was used in quite a few vehicles during the 80's and 90's.

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"The final gear ratio usually changes depending on the vehicle it was fitted to.<BR><BR>The 31 series gearbox was used in quite a few vehicles during the 80's and 90's.

hmmm though this gearbox only march is using?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Nope. RS5F31a/v gearboxes have been used in various FWD nissans since 1984.

Pre 98 march and micra 1.3L had the 30A. In japan there was a VLSD option which gave the march the 31v. N13, n14 and N15 with GA motors had 31a gearboxes unless optioned with VLS where they recieved the 31v box. Anyway after 1998 all japan made march k11 had 31a gearbox. I don't know about the UK made micra.

There's really too many cars to list and more that we dont know about which came with the RS5F31 series.

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Nope. RS5F31a/v gearboxes have been used in various FWD nissans since 1984.<BR><BR>Pre 98 march and micra 1.3L had the 30A. In japan there was a VLSD option which gave the march the 31v. N13, n14 and N15 with GA motors had 31a gearboxes unless optioned with VLS where they recieved the 31v box. Anyway after 1998 all japan made march k11 had 31a gearbox. I don't know about the UK made micra.<BR><BR>There's really too many cars to list and more that we dont know about which came with the RS5F31 series.

oic
thank for the verification bro
hmmm cos there a spare lsd gearbox for ga16 lying at the scrapyard without drive shaft and i using the lsd gearbox now
maybe i can get it and use it as spare one

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
There's a small chance that your current driveshafts will work with that ga16 gearbox.

Even if they don't there should be a few parts inside the box which could be used to rebuild yours cheaper it if were to break.

(unless you have some sort of 30v gearbox which i havent heard of)

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"There's a small chance that your current driveshafts will work with that ga16 gearbox.<BR><BR>Even if they don't there should be a few parts inside the box which could be used to rebuild yours cheaper it if were to break.<BR><BR>(unless you have some sort of 30v gearbox which i havent heard of)

ok
tink i go ask wat the price for it
maybe i go get it as spare one

Back