Replacement gearbox?

Hello, first post here :)

I have a 02 plate Micra 1.0 (last of the K11's... a facelift) and the gearbox has gone for a burton...

Can anyone tell me how many different types of manual gearbox they ever used on the K11 1.0l?

I ask because I bought another one and its totally different - start motor is in a different place and the mounting bolts don't line up.

Looking at the internet I can see gearbox fluid manufacturers saying there are these types of gearbox: RS5F30A / RS5F31A 5/1,RS5F41A 5/1

Although somewhere else I read that there was only ever one type of box on the 1.0l from start to finish.

Have I been sold something completely wrong (i bought it from a scrappy) or is there more than one type?

You folks seem to know far more than I do (I'm not really terribly car minded, just a driver with a problem!)

Cheers guys/gals.

Last edited:
Thanks frank! So even though what I read about the gearbox being just one model number there are actually different versions for coil pack and non coil pack engines?

Definitely won't fit?
how would you mount the crank sensor tho ?
a yard i use used to ship all the coilpack g/boxes they could find to germany (@ £200 ea) to be fitted to n16 1.5 almera,s, to replace their chocolate g/box,
and as a result they still fetch silly money around here

Ok, brilliant, thanks Frank!

Just got to try and find the right gearbox now then and also get rid of the one I've got that doesn't fit.

Anyone in need of a pre-coilpack box, gimme a shout!

Back