How To Fit A SR20 Det From Sunny GTI-R Into A Micra Like Dave Bull

lol lets just write it all out for you, dont worry about doing anything yourself.

57914_661_1165496654210-money_pound.JPG

I HaveA Complete Sunny GTI-R PulSAr And A Micra At My Disposal And Wouldnt Mind Copying Dave's Line Need Information On Custom Parts Like Inlet Mannyfold, Mounts, Fueling IE. Tank ETC...

I'm Also A Compitant Mechanic

Ben

I HaveA Complete Sunny GTI-R PulSAr And A Micra At My Disposal And Wouldnt Mind Copying Dave's Line Need Information On Custom Parts Like Inlet Mannyfold, Mounts, Fueling IE. Tank ETC...

I'm Also A Compitant Mechanic

Ben

i doubt it, its called a manifold! :p

Dave Bulls Micra was not a full Pulsar engine and running gear.

The AFAIK was a standard 2 litre engine which was then later turbo'd and had forged internals. It started its life inside an Almera GTi

To fit a FWD SR20 to a K11, you'll need the engine and ancilleries, the drivshafts will need to be cut and welded to suit the K11, you'll need custom engine mounts, fit the ECU and loom, and loads of other stuff.

I think more advise should be posted instead of put downs! Competant mechanic or just got the money, there's no reason why another 2.0 K11 like Dave Bulls could not be made. I'm sure you guys wouldn't have imagined a 4wd K10 ever being done... just to shows that anything is possible.

Obviously the best person to ask is Dave Bull on what's required. Check out his blog for loads of info

Kristian is doing something similar mate, drop him a line and he may be able to help!

Personally though I'd rather have the pulsar! N-body for life!

I think more advise should be posted instead of put downs! Competant mechanic or just got the money, there's no reason why another 2.0 K11 like Dave Bulls could not be made. I'm sure you guys wouldn't have imagined a 4wd K10 ever being done... just to shows that anything is possible.

Obviously the best person to ask is Dave Bull on what's required. Check out his blog for loads of info

Arnold and others.... Not trying to be harsh but this guy basically comes on and asks for a step-by-step guide. It doesn't work like that with these kind of conversions, all that will happen is a pulsar gets hacked to bits, the conversion is halfway finished and it gets dumped/flogged off cheap.
This guy has not even looked into it I can see. to OP, here's a list of things that need doing off the top of my head;
Custom engine mounts
chassis modification
custom driveshafts
custom g/box mounts/links
custom wiring loom, or total rewire
NATS removal/reinstall
Upgrade radiator
Upgrade suspension
Alter instrumentation
+Lots more no doubt.

Now "competent mechanic" or not, these aren't the kind of things you can do in a couple of weekends in a lock-up garage.

PS. how's the K10 arnold?

welcome to the club mate, don't be put off by what some people have said.

this is a very big task and if you are willing to undertake this job yourself then you should already know the extent of the task, if you don't then i recommend you don't try this yourself.

you would probably be better off building a space frame to hold the engine and then bolting that to the front of the micra. i have seen this done on autgrass cars to hold ford 2.0 engines and it works very well. again this is alot of work and you have to have confidence in your welds.

good luck

Arnold and others.... Not trying to be harsh but this guy basically comes on and asks for a step-by-step guide. It doesn't work like that with these kind of conversions, all that will happen is a pulsar gets hacked to bits, the conversion is halfway finished and it gets dumped/flogged off cheap.
This guy has not even looked into it I can see. to OP, here's a list of things that need doing off the top of my head;
Custom engine mounts
chassis modification
custom driveshafts
custom g/box mounts/links
custom wiring loom, or total rewire
NATS removal/reinstall
Upgrade radiator
Upgrade suspension
Alter instrumentation
+Lots more no doubt.

Now "competent mechanic" or not, these aren't the kind of things you can do in a couple of weekends in a lock-up garage.

PS. how's the K10 arnold?

Yeah I agree lots and lots of research needs to be done! Mine's going good, check my blog out too :)

Basically, read absolutely everything you can. Learn about electronics, research and understand what needs to be done to interface CG and SR electronics. Block diagrams may help here. Learn about differing dimensions and solutions. Learn and understand every last difference between the two engines. Then you are ready to begin. But have another car as a daily driver, it is long process, and a large learning curve.

That it's OK for the rest of us to work out a complex procedure we have little interest in performing so the OP can be lazy?

Exactly! people like you dave spent countless hours of your own time doing a good job and making it work. It's not on for anyone to expect you or anyone else to do that for them without at the very least some serious effort and research of their own.

I never asked for a step by step guide that would be takeing the ####
I know it isnt straight forward conversion
Just wanted pointers on what i first asked like pictures of mounts, has anybody used an orignal inlet from a pulsar 'a competant mechinic or not' as you've said doing it myself does not bother me
Seeing the car of Daves at TOTB 6 gave me the interest to do my own
on a budget NOT £20,000

Ben, calm down mate. I know you weren't trying to do that, it just came across that way a little. Although
"Plus I Would Like Images To Explain Better"
does suggest you would like a guide.... it's a little outside my experience (despite my signature!!) so just chill, take it easy, take your time, all will be good.
PS> Alcohol FTW!!!

ben

i think an electric waterpump will be a must, and the complete pulsar loom transplant
why do you think you need a custom manifold ?

The main problem is the engine bay!

To get the SR20 (of any variant) to fit properly, at the correct height, angle etc, the bulkhead must be modified.

On the K11, about midway on the bulkhead it juts out about 2 inches. This section must be cut out and reshaped so that it sits at the same height as the rest of the bulkhead.

You must then reshape the n/s/f chassis leg, so the gearbox doesn't hit and so that the engine sits at a horizontal angle. I have seen so many Micras with SR20 setups from the Far East and the majority of them sit at a wonky angle.

You are then best to remove the original Micra central lower engine support and front radiator support and weld in an Almera GTi unit.

Couple that with the mounts from the Almera GTi and custom make the gearbox mount and it should give you a good base.

Polyurethane mounts are advisable as the space allocated is still minimal.

If you get it right, you don't need to use an electric waterpump, as the stock SR20 pump will fit.

Oh and you do want the SR20 harness, that is a definate.

Get this lot done and I will advise you from there.

But be warned, this is only the beginning!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I miss my Micra!!!

has any one ever used a sunny loom instead of a primera one just i am having trouble getting the lights to work and i cart get my hands on any sunny light or indecator stalks

Back