Pulsar GTi-R Brakes...

D

Dan_K11

hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me.

i want some new break calipers for my superS, and i heard and searched the forum to see if it was possible to fit gti-r ones to my k11. i read the threads about the gti-r upgrade but i was still confused, so i thought id ask to make everything clear to myself. ive just recently fitted a set of tar-ox discs nd pads to my k11. and i was just wondering if i fitted gti-r calipers would i have to get new discs? i know i will have to get new pads but i was just wondering if i would have to get new discs also, im willing to probs get new pads so i can upgrade my calipers, but if i have to change the discs aswell i think it will have to wait till awhile until i upgrade.

Thanks Alot

Dan_K11

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
New calipers will mean new discs and pads, but isn't GTI-R overkill?
I have 1.6 brakes fitted and they're good, press hard and it's gonna be a hard stop and gently isn't alot less stopping distance.

Have a look here

OP
OP
D

Dan_K11

ah rite, cheers mate.. i mite upgrade to the 1.6 set up then. but at a later date.

how much did it cost you for your set up?

Cheers Again

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Bear in mind that GTi-R brakes require 14" alloys at least, while the 1.6 stuff will fit behind 13" wheels, but mine make a funny sound with the steels on tho...

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
I know that with GTI-R brakes you need to put some washers on them to stop uneven braking issuse.

I beleive there is a write up on Cisco's website.

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
GTi-R setup is likely to cost you around £200 for a full refurb kit + second hand disks and calipers.

a good place to look is the GTi-Roc(owners club) but these may be overkill as others have said. i personally find them excellent, totally unessecery lol but so much fun :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Believe it or not they are not good enough in the March.. I never thought I would say that but I have killed them a few times now.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
John said that he thought they weren't good enough for trackday, hence whjy he got Wilwoods, that is overkill.
1.6 brakes need washers also.

OP
OP
D

Dan_K11

cool, thanks alot for the advice! much appreciated! will probs upgrade them in a few months.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I had the same willwoods for the other ST craig. I sold them when the car came off the road.