A tale of three Nissan's, a march colete , a march mitsouka and a micra and done deal

Hi,

I learnt to drive and passed with flying colours on my Nissan March Colete. I bought 'Colete' from a friend knowing she had been looked after and serviced regularly. She was an 1997 automatic and I loved and adored her. She could spin on a six pence, was easy to drive, economical with petrol and insurance and looked just great. I had her insured for €850.00 ( I live in Ireland, which may have a bearing on the price) I bought her in November 2010.

I thought no more about her value until.......I returned from England after the Christmas and new year just gone, to find her gone from where I had parked her. I stood in the carpark infront of Limerick station thinking that someone must have moved her, or had I not remembered where I had her parked, then a flood of thoughts raced through my mind. I stood there in disbelief. Surrounded by warning signs that CCTV camera's were in use. The place was well lit. I remembered being pleased to have found a central place that was well lit to park her. Well, trawling through the CCTV footage the staff at the station found that she was taken on Christmas night! 'Colete' was one of 3 nissan micra's stolen over the holiday period. The gards ( Irish police) are still to get back to me over the incident. The station even had security on that night!

Through the registration number she was traced and had been abandoned after being turned on her side! ' Colete' had been towed away and later the insurers engineer were to report her as written off.

When I saw her, the two driver side wheels were buckled and she had a minor dent along her drivers side. To my untrained eye, (that likes to recycle and repair anything if I possibly can) she looked repairable.

But what amazed me, apart from the slowness of the gards, the fact that the CCTV cameras don't work with the bright lights at night, that security staff were on that night but didn't see the scenerio and that the carpark had camera blind spots was that Nissan Micra's had gone up in value so much here in Ireland.

I live in rural Ireland and cars are a necessity. I went onto the internet and immediately found the car I wanted. A Nissan Micra Mitsouka. I noticed a post from this website signalling people to the Mits on Done deal. Anyway, conversations of interest with the vendor took place and we arranged to meet. I arranged the hire of a Nissan Micra 2011 through my insurers and off I went to Dublin. I was thrilled to bits. I loved the look of the Mits. On route I recieve a reply to my text from the vendor. Someone else was veiwing her. Oh no, I thought, he knew I was travelling ,travelling over 4 1/2 hours, to get to Dublin and, I had to pick up a battery from ' Colete ' in the car graveyard. ( yes he was selling a car without a battery ) I called back. He, the vendor then spoke for the first time of a co owner. This was getting shady I thought. He said he would talk with the co owner and get back to me. This he did and said that no problem they'd hold it for me as I was driving such a distance and was well on my way. I was pleased and reieved. Over 3/4 into the journey, I pulled off the motorway to fill up with petrol. The phone rings. It's the vendor, he's just learn't ......oh no, I'm thinking....knowing what was coming next, yes you guessed it, the co owner had shown it to a buyer, who came back and bought it. Ironically, this telephone conversation takes place in Port Laois, where the prison is. An omen?

I continue my journey in my hired Nissan Micra 2011 towards I knew not what was in store. But, the good news is that I found my next Micra, a red Automatic Nissan Micra 1998 GX. Cute and clean. With NCT ( MOT ) The windows aren't electric, but thats no big deal but I do hope that we can line up the glass as the drivers window doesn't open.

I'm posting this as I'm wondering if any one else had a look at the Mits in Dublin. She was on sale for €1000. Had no NCT or tax and had been off the road for some time. I did a vehicle check through mywheels.ie and with the vehicle registration here in Ireland all good. She looked beautiful. Ah, next time. I can't help thinking I could have been buying a whole load of trouble £1000 was an incredibly good deal. But not a done deal with me.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Arrh...

Soo sorry to hear that...

Crazy story! I would have gone nuts!

Hope everything goes well with your new choice (Y)

OP
OP
C
Arrh...

Soo sorry to hear that...

Crazy story! I would have gone nuts!

Hope everything goes well with your new choice (Y)

Hi,

So the Nissan Micra saga continued......My little red nissan drivers door window needs to be fixed. Thats to say it needs to be aligned. Its manual. Hoping this is going to be easy to do. The door needs some attention too. Seems to have dropped. Any way if anyone out there can advise......feel free.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
the window alignment is not difficult. it's hard to explain though. If you are not a DIY person don't bother, go to your local garage, it'll be 20 euro if you know the guy.

as for the door here's what I did to mine

get two wooden bars, 2 inch thick x 3 inch wide. One has to be approx 1.50m long, the second... 20-30cm is enough.
So... open the door. Put a piece of clothe on the sill in the corner(somewhere near the back side of the driver's seat. Put one end of the long bar, the second end lies on the ground. Place the short bar under the door in a way that the it's only under the flat part of the door and stays beside the outer part of the door - you won't bend it like that. The slowly but firmly try to"close" the door. The short bar slides over the long bar and further you get it pushes up the door. You'd need to be strong when doing that, as it's not easy to push enough. After every push remove the bars and check how the door is closing. You may need to repeat 2-3 times until you get the result. it all depends on how much your door have droped.

Good luck