how much for a spray?

i was just wondering, as you do at ohhh midnight, but how much would it cost to respray a front bumper?

ya see i reallllllyyyy want one with foglights in, and ones in a scrappy by mine, the guy is willin to let me have it, with the foglights and all the wireing ect for the grand total of £15 but its not silver... like my micra is.:(

It's very difficult to say without a painter/bodyworker looking at it to judge how much works involved for them. ;)

ohhh so theres no set price then :( could you diy it??

Yes it's quite easy to DIY, however you may not be totally satisfied with the finish as you would be from a painter with the right tools and technique. I know exactly where your coming from so I'm gonna tell you what you wanna hear: Buy some 800 wet & dry sand paper, Some plastic primer and at least 4 cans of your cars colour coded paint. Then sand it lightly using warm water and soap till all the shine of the previous paint has dulled. Now dry it and mask off what you don't want painted. After that shake the cans of plastic primer and lay it on calmly and lightly so it's NOT shiny. (practice on behind the bumper first ;) ) Then once it's all primered wait for it to settle and dry naturally or with a hair dryer. Do the same with your paint only this time spec it lightly to cover your primer, remember you do have 3 cans left.

All in all it'll cost you no more than £10-15 for material, And I hope it helps. ;)

Yes it's quite easy to DIY, however you may not be totally satisfied with the finish as you would be from a painter with the right tools and technique. I know exactly where your coming from so I'm gonna tell you what you wanna hear: Buy some 800 wet & dry sand paper, Some plastic primer and at least 4 cans of your cars colour coded paint. Then sand it lightly using warm water and soap till all the shine of the previous paint has dulled. Now dry it and mask off what you don't want painted. After that shake the cans of plastic primer and lay it on calmly and lightly so it's NOT shiny. (practice on behind the bumper first ;) ) Then once it's all primered wait for it to settle and dry naturally or with a hair dryer. Do the same with your paint only this time spec it lightly to cover your primer, remember you do have 3 cans left.

All in all it'll cost you no more than £10-15 for material, And I hope it helps. ;)

it has...alot =] just so im gettin this right, when you prime it, how do you know its all done? may sound like a stupid question but iv never done anything like this before, oh and how do you know the colour of your car? or is it as easy as 'silver' lol (i had a corsa with at least 4 possible reds that it could be :haha:

1.) When you primer it it will have been covered by a dull grey or white base coat. Once dry with no runs. ;)

2.) Your colour code will be on your VIN plate under your bonnet by the brake servo on the bulkhead to the left. (BLUE PLATE)...:D

no no no! for god sake dont give up ur day job cheef! :p no offence but you may as well just spray strate onto the bumper if you did it how you just said!

mate if you are guna DIY paint, have a look on google for "how to do" and that will give you an idea but if you want the best outcome have it done by a garage!

i dont mean to be funny about it, but come on atleast know what you are banging on about before givein outher people info??

I know what you mean mate. But it's advice I have been given many times before and have had good outcomes with. I've had no complaints myself. :)

few! glad you didnt go mad at that....prep is a big part in paint and needs time taken on it

if you require the full low down pm me and let me know and i'll run you through it (Y)

no a family member owns a garage so iv been taut the trade and have done a lot of body work myself, but would i #### do it for a job lol its a pain in the aSs :laugh:

WOOOOOOOOW credit to you mate on the mr2 makeover!!! lets hope lmabo dont find out eh:grinning:

haha :p that guna make the insurance go up or down? cause im sure topgear (yes, topgear knows everything...(Y)) said some guy who had a mr2, changed it to look like a ferrari and his insurance went down....

Not sure to be honest. Although I'm interested in this bumper your talking about, Is it a Super S bumper with the fog lights? :)

Back