How much bhp gain with these???

CMF_Monster

» CMF Member
Hi...I would like to check what is the possible bhp gains with these mod..

1. Tomei Poncam Set
2. Tomei Metal Head Gasket.

Of cos with piggy back ECU tuning thrown in as well...

What are the pros and cons with these upgrade....Heard that with high cams, the idling of the car would be quite unstable...Is that true???

Thanks.

Monster

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
i dont think cams with that kind of lift and duration will cause it to idle too rough. its when you get into the 270's and higher is where you get lumpy idle. id imagine the tomei poncams would be quite tame and well suited for street. what management are you going to use? the greddy emanage? whats the difference between the normal one and the emanage ultimate?

CMF_Monster

» CMF Member
Me not using e-manage nor ultimate...So not able to spell out the differences...currently using Unichip as my piggyback...I have friend using e-manage...Seems good to me after testing out his ride. He got around 92 bhp on NA set-up....of cos with all the norm mod....

Cheers

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Monster,

I met someone that fitted this type of Tomei Poncam to a Mazda MX5 (maita). He was happy with the result... he said the car gained around 4 or 5 Kilowatts and still had a smooth idle for everyday road use.

Tomei don't recommend fitting their cams without a full sports exhaust system.... if you fit these cams without extractors they will make no difference to engine power.

I guess the results for the micra would be fairly similar to an MX5 (both have small capacity DOHC motors)....

Back