How much would you pay for k11?

CMF_su89

» CMF Member
Hey guys, new here. Getting my first car ever, and have just fallen in love with the micra!

Say, what price would guys be looking at for a 150,000kms, clean, stock k11? is $3k too much?

I don't know why, but i'd prefer to get a stock, but most are modded a bit.

Whats the pros/cons of midded vs stock?

Also what price range am i looking at?

I'm new to all this, so any help to give me a general idea would be great!

CMF_Lobster

» CMF Member
Seems on the high side for a stock one to me.
May still be good though.

All depends on what you want to do with it. If you are going to keep it stock and just drive it. Then stock sounds sensible.
If you are going to modify it yourself, then buying one that has been modified in a style that you would have modified it is a good way to save some money.

It also depends on what you call modified. Someone might consider aftermarket wheels as modified - others may not.

Have a look on gumtree for micras and see what prices they are being advertised at to see the ballpark you are looking at.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
I paid $2600 for my one owner 1995 lx with 130 000km, full service history, new clutch and replaced catback exhaust and muffler. from a car dealership.
was a few years ago.

I think $3k is on the high side... unless it has full service history and a good number of parts already replaced/renewed.

Check out the articles here on the forum for common faults before you go looking, it'll give you an idea of what to watch out for and if you do find things it is a good way to bargain prices down. ... besides the money you save will go into fixing the problems if there is any

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Prices were down, then bumped a little when fuel first went up a bit, then things stabilized and for a while there you could not sell a Micra for anything, with it not uncommon to see a heap floating around for around $500, now fuel is up again, and everyone knows it's staying up, anything small with high economy is over priced though the roof right now, bog stock Micras floating around of late have huge price tags for their age.

CMF_su89

» CMF Member
cool thanks guys.

Yeah at the moment the median prices are about $2500 - $3000, for semi decent stock..

Do any of you guys hire mechanics for a checkup before you buy?
What about rolled back odometers? i know they are old, but still..

All the micras i've come across are showing up in QLD or VIC, there's like ****-all in NSW..

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
I recommend that you get any potential buy checked out by a mechanic. If there is nothing wrong with the car at least it's peace of mind. And good to know what needs to be spent on as a bargain point.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
With older cars that need stuff replaced to be saleable dealers will choose the cheapest possible. I bought my micra from a dealer, most things were fine but the tyres they fitted were the cheapest possible and a hint of moisture on the road made the car so unsafe. But saying that dealers have to give a minimum 6 months warranty on used cars so most things should be okay. That warranty I don't think covers aesthetic s like paint or bodywork. I've seen some pretty nasty 'bog and flog' cars at small car yards with cheaply and poorly repaired damage. But mechanical should be covered.

But like already stated: have an inspection done on any car you are looking at buying, regardless of where or who you are looking at buying it from. And that will tell you if there is any indication of previous repairs and if there are any problems with the cars.

I got my micra from a car yard for $2600, I may have saved $2-300 buying privately but then I wouldn't have had the 6 months warranty.

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
I bought mine through a dealer on eBay in Botany.

Paid $1,100 for my stock Super S with 3 months rego.
Aircon not working, front / rear bumpers cracked, surging idle, and overall in filthy condition. It didn't take much to fix though and is still a work in progress.

There are bargains to be found, you just need to keep an eye out.
Check out the Micra Sports Club Australia group on Facebook (most of us are there), Gumtree, eBay as well as Carsales.

Happy hunting!

Back