how low on chopped springs

hi im currently on chopped spring minus 2 full coils on standard shocks. how many coils have others cut off and have you had any serious bottomin out.

what will happing if i drop it onto the bump stops? will it f*** up as in making loads of noise?
what will happen if i cut the bump stops out a little bit?

i dont mind it bottoming outetc as the roads where i drive are mainly smooth but i dont wanna cause a loada noise.

just wanna get a weee bit lower, ill be buying coilovers in the next few month.

thanks

Cutting too many coils off will result in your shock not functioning proply. They'll bottom out to an extent...but if they extend out...they may not push back in (or vice versa)

I dont think its advised to start cutting the bump stops,plus if you cut too many coils your running the risk of the springs falling out of the cups (can be resolved by spot welding them into the cups)

I've had 3-4 coils over the back of mine and only 1 coil off the front and i find it bad enough!

ahhh that what i was thinking that the shock wouldnt react fast enough and end up nacking up. i wouldnt wanna ruin the shocks as it is a daily. i may just take another half coil off it then wait for the coilovers to get ordered.

on another note just bought banzai and read the feature on your car mate, ideal stuff mate. also i added you on fb today hope you dont mind hahah

I've got bilstein shortened shocks on mine but the ride is very stiff. I'd love to go lower but i dont know if the shocks will handle it. Plus its more strain on the drive shafts

Ah i did wonder who it was and noticed a couple of people from here as mutual friends :) Thanks for the feedback i'm mega pleased with it!

i would be too, nothing better than puttin so much work into something for people to reconise it. its an awsome looking car and when its charged itll be the nuts. you not thought of runnin 13s on it?

I've got Pulsar brakes to go on it and the calipers wont fit under 13s. Minimum size would be 14s :(

I've got a set of multi spoke 14s with brand new tyres here (came off my Polo) so will use them to burn abit of rubber :p

just run with no springs..lol
there was a green micra in banzai a couple of months ago running on just shocks and bump stops....... lol LLLOOOOWWWW :laugh:

I'm rolling on 15s with stretched 195/45 tyres, and have chopped a coil off my lowering springs on each corner. 90mm lower! I fitted an axle strap as well, it does the job (Y)

hi i got a 1.3 si facelift i got 15 inch alloys on it and was wondering how many coils do you advise cuttin off or just cut one off each and try it then go from there thanks

Back