how hard is it to replace the clock backlight on cluster??

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
is this even possible?? if so has anyone done it before?? its realy starting to pis me off... i cant read the time at night. all other lights on the cluster work fine though.

thanks, tris

CMF_arc

» CMF Member
Yep all models do have the backlit clock.

I think they call them T1.5 wedge bulbs (the smallest wedge bulb ya can get). N yep repco's the place to go 70 cents a pop(supercheap $5 for 2!). though mind you you will have to try and reuse the blue boot off the old bulb, otherwise the cluster will look weird. The only thing which I found a bit annoying was reconnecting the blasted speedo cable...

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
arc WROTE:

"Yep all models do have the backlit clock.

I think they call them T1.5 wedge bulbs (the smallest wedge bulb ya can get). N yep repco's the place to go 70 cents a pop(supercheap $5 for 2!). though mind you you will have to try and reuse the blue boot off the old bulb, otherwise the cluster will look weird. The only thing which I found a bit annoying was reconnecting the blasted speedo cable...

That blasted speedo cable!!!! ARGHHHH I hope to never do that again

smidge

» CMF Member
really? i did it twice on mine recently and it was a piece of piss.... has been very difficult in other cars in the past though...

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
for me it was one of those things that really frustrated me when i was trying to connect it back... and then i calmed down, and then twisted it... and in it went with no hassles hahaha.

CMF_arc

» CMF Member
yeah, i tend to spit the dummy at the drop of a hat when it comes to fiddly stuff, if ya all zen about it, it's cruisy(you look like budda smidge? :))... anyway you don't really need to disconnect it if you just want to replace the clock bulb...

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ok thanks heaps guys!! gota sort out how to remove the cluster and dash first anyway!! anyone got any helpfull hints / how to do it(where the screws are)????

help would be appreciated
thanks, tris

Back