Manual to Auto... How hard?

Right, finally got another Micra to replace the one that was sadly written off... It was always my intention to keep the old one & try & repair it if possible...

Well, having thought about it, & with my missus needing to replace her clapped out Clio with something more reliable before winter comes, I was thinking I'd repair the old one & give it to her.

The problem being that she only drives auto & the Micra is a manual. Just wondered how easy it is to swap the gearbox out for an auto?

What sort of price should I expect to pay for a box, what work is involved & are there any adjustments needed elsewhere... Like does the ECU need re-programming?

So that'd be a straight swap for my '98 facelift then... Widens the net a bit for finding one too I guess? Is it the same for the primera too?

did a few manual-auto and vice versa over the years on cars from a metro to a mercedes and its not difficult per se but time consuming and laborious.
heres what youll need from the donor car.i hope i havent forgot anything but if i have i hope anyone notices a mising part they will add to it...
1) the autobox obviously.
2) the torque convertor.
3) the mounts for the box.
4) the pedal assembly
5) possibly the flywheel(if it is different from the manual)
6) the starter(if the flywheel differs)
7) possibly theres a cover plate on end of crankshaft(once again if flywheel differs.but tbh its something i only saw on rwd fords.never did a nissan)
8) the kickdown.if its cable-operated or electronic i dont know but you will need it.

that pretty much covers it :) plus the ecu has its own ecu, and the post 2000 models have a torque converter (instead of the electromagnetic powder clutch) and a different type of g/box

I have a auto 1.3 powder clutch and the light flywheel kicking about if needed.

Removed from a 99' V reg 1.3 Auto K11

I have a auto 1.3 powder clutch and the light flywheel kicking about if needed.

Removed from a 99' V reg 1.3 Auto K11
No you don't powder clutch is so,etching else mate I do believe you have a torque converter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi, I have just bought a 2002 Nissan micra s and i want to convert it to manual, I have a 1997 auto K11, i want to swap my gearbox from the 1997 k11 to the 2002 k11 is this possible?

Need help ASAP! thanks

Back