How to replace backlight on Nissan micra help needed…

Hi Guys,

I have problem with rear carpet on driver’s side getting wet after rain. I couldn’t spot any leaks around door or roof. I have strong feeling it is driver side back light leaking. I pulled carpet a bit and noticed a bit of damp near backlight.

I think I am going to try and take off driver’s side backlight and then bond it back. I bought Tiger seal PU sealer to do try and stop leak in other place and was hoping to use it for backlight. But then I’ve read somewhere on the net that Tiger seal sealant is not best for this job as it will be impossible to take off backlight if it bonded with Tiger seal…

Could any one please suggest good sealant for this job? I think I also need good solvent to get rid of old sealant. Could any one suggest one to?
I would be great if I can get them from Screwfix as there is one near where I live…

It would be great if someone could send me the link to any guide on how to replace backlight on Nissan micra…

I hope I don’ts ask to much…

Thanks!

i think you'll need a sort of sealant that stays gooey rather than set solid. something like gutter sealant from diy store. tis really messy stuff though when removing

you just need brute force to remove the r/lights eh (without breaking it :eek:)
and tiger seal would be ok if you grease the panel first, so that it sticks to the light but releases from the panel if needed

7mm nuts take it of i think its 7mm
have a peek behind the light and you should see goldish studs with small nuts screwd on

could try wipe with petrol or rub it off with a caramel wheel from local car paint shop

apply a continuous bead of sealant along the edge in one go

Gutter sealant is very similar to windscreen sealer & will do the job.Wouldn't bother cleaning the old stuff off,great bit of stuff that.Need a team of wild horses to pull the lights out..Warm it with a hairdryer & carefully prise it out

Back