how hard is is to change from 1.0-1.3 in k11

hiya just wondering if anyone has done this and wondering what i would need to puy a 1.3 engine and box in my 1.0 and what the difference in fuel consumption is any help would be great and aqppreciated

very easy to do, the amount of people who ask this is unbeleievable but i dont care answering over and over. if you wanting to put the 1.3 gearbox aswell as the engine your best to buy an accidents damaged 1.3 and scrap it when finished. youll need the engine and gearbox obviously, but when changing gearboxes youll need, the front right gearbox mount, rear gearbox/engine mount, gear linkages, engine loom, driveshafts. either that or do what everyone else does and keep the 1.0 gearbox in and change the flywheel and clutch over....

i was thinking just that buy a car and change the lot over is there any wiring to be done or will the 1.3 loom plug up to the interior loom?

you shouldnt need to touch the interior loom, the loom that comes from the ecu goes to injectors/TB etc so its the same on the 1.0/1.3. its the loom that goes from the altenator round the back of the engine to the starter etc that needs changed so you can have a working reverse light i think it is, should be plug and play depending on models of each cars

sorry to hijack this thread, but can you please make sure am gettin this right, if you change to a 1.3, but keep the 1.0 gearbox, you dont have to change the loom?

think it has to be pre nats if yours is 95 and pre nats.ill be doing thiis soon but just buying a low mileage 1.3 auto from same year non nats car so should be plug and play

good luck :)

lucasmax i think frank is referring to the looms not non-nats or nats. because i think after 2000 the models are coilpack so the looms will need swapped when fitting a 2000> 1.3 engine to a pre 2000. hope this makes sense. but basically if you have a nats version 1.0 and you want to fit a 1.3 engine then it will be fine. only problem is when you want to use a non nats 1.3 ecu

yeh, the wiring to the nats and pre-nats ecu,s are different but the engine connections/loom plugs are the same (till 2000, where the engine wiring is different)

Back