How do I improve poor starting - any advice please?

Hi all, 2 or 3 times now, our car is difficult to start when cold, sometimes refusing totally and having to be left.:(
What can I do to improve this - any advice please?
The car is well maintained, ie serviced regularly - recently at home: new synthetic oil, air, fuel and oil filters, new alternator & water pump drive belts.
The car is a K11 '98 1.0 litre - mileage 110k....

wirebrush the white oxide coating off the insides of the dizzy cap metal points

dsc05472copy.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-41#post-500361

In addition to the above. Any servicing done on ignition recently?

No, parts replaced or cleaned. I checked the spark plugs and the quality of the spark & distributor leads & all seemed well. Battery is strong, cranks well.... My knowledge is limited and there may be things / items / actions I wouldn't think of....

No, parts replaced or cleaned. I checked the spark plugs and the quality of the spark & distributor leads & all seemed well. Battery is strong, cranks well.... My knowledge is limited and there may be things / items / actions I wouldn't think of....
Colour of spark is a good indicator.
White/blue is a good strong spark
Yellow is a weak spark

I've got an old picture that I can upload that can tell you the condition of your engine by looking at the spark plugs if its of any interest to you

Colour of spark is a good indicator.
White/blue is a good strong spark
Yellow is a weak spark

I've got an old picture that I can upload that can tell you the condition of your engine by looking at the spark plugs if its of any interest to you

Yes, that's kind - thank you. I will check the spark again once it's stopped raining!

Back