how are the k10 cg13 guys getting on?

richj

Deactivated Account
Are there other people doing k10 cg13 conversions?

If so, how are you getting on?

Things I need to investigate are:

Throttle cable: the k10 one seems to be too short.

Starter Motor: Im using a k10 starter. It 'seems' to have mated to the k11 cg10 flywheel without issue. Still need to fire it up and check it turns the flywheel perfectly.

Exhaust: I'm using a standard k10 system, so I need to join a k11 downpipe to the k10 system.

Fuel pump: Need to confirm whether or not I can get a k11 pump into the k10 tank, and whether or not, or to what extent the fuel lines will need upgrading.

Sounds like progess has been made, i know that jamieccc isnt doing this anymore, just has his 1.2 K10 on the road now

Yeah - since I found out the cg13 was possible (without massive expense) I have decided to strip the car down and rebuild it with new/recon parts. The car is blue, I am tempted to spray the engine bay black. After cleaning (and getting rid of some surface rust) my next job is going to be replacing the front suspension.

Does anyone happen to know of a power steering rack that fits the k10 and can be powered by a cg13???

Are there other people doing k10 cg13 conversions?

If so, how are you getting on?

Things I need to investigate are:

Throttle cable: the k10 one seems to be too short.

k11 throttle cable fits onto the pedal fine any ways, so just use the k11 throttle cable.

Starter Motor: Im using a k10 starter. It 'seems' to have mated to the k11 cg10 flywheel without issue. Still need to fire it up and check it turns the flywheel perfectly.

early clutch and fly k11 fit the k10 Ma engine, if i recall correctly so should be fine also. could you just not use the k11 starter if not?

Fuel pump: Need to confirm whether or not I can get a k11 pump into the k10 tank, and whether or not, or to what extent the fuel lines will need upgrading.

just get an inline fuel pump, like a Cav SRi or a walbro and just do it inline! no need to fanny about with the tank then!

Yeah - since I found out the cg13 was possible (without massive expense) I have decided to strip the car down and rebuild it with new/recon parts. The car is blue, I am tempted to spray the engine bay black. After cleaning (and getting rid of some surface rust) my next job is going to be replacing the front suspension.

Does anyone happen to know of a power steering rack that fits the k10 and can be powered by a cg13???

rack is different! so you would need to fit the full column from the k11, but on a k10 i dont think you would need it tbh.

plus it then takes away the drive of a k10 - i never used one on the 1.6 or the 2ltr without issues!

if you have problems then i suggest membership to the gym more than any thing :)

im still waiting for bits to start mine, lol.

the k11 fuel pump wont go in the k10 tank. look on ebay for pumps, you can get inline ones and mount it in the engine bay.

im just starting my cg13 project picking up my k11 donor hopefully next week and then looking for a solid k10 to do it on as i use mine too much

Aye the problems arn't really problems. I just need to get off my arse and get it sorted. Its interesting you mention the cavalier sri fuel pump quickdraw. Can you tell me anything more about it. I am really looking for a pump I can get from the scrappers for peanuts - so this sounds ideal. boyracergt I would part with mine for the right money.

Back