Horrible Smell After Driving Way To Fast

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Ok, so I was following a mate down some country lanes, going way to fast, when we got back to the pub, my car smelt horrible, like burning something. He knows his way arround cars, we went straight for the clutch.

No smell, and its not slipping.

Tyres are warm, but nothing major.

The Front right disk was VERY hot, burnt my fingers.

Whats the cause of the smell? I know driving way to fast was stupid, scared myself into not doing it again to be honest.

I did hit the breaks very hard every now and again, and skidded a fair bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Joe

probably just everything being very hot! Probably a combination of everything. Were both brakes the same heat?

probably just everything being very hot! Probably a combination of everything. Were both brakes the same heat?

The right was considerably hotter than the left. Driving home after about 30mins of waiting, its still smelling, but its not like the brake is jamming. Reacon ive done any damage?

the right was hotter that the right ay? :p I doubt you've done any damage mate, just keep an eye on things,

Nah, its not a eggy smell, just a buring smell, spotted some damage to the rubber bit connecting the front axcel to the wheel. (sorry for being vague)

Check that the right hand brake isn't binding, that stinks and so does CV grease.

Craig

your left side may be cooler because puddles are generally on left side of the road if its built properly... and water cools things down...

Just a though

Back