Annoying smell??

Since having my 1300cc engine fitted....everytime i rev the car hard...ish... like going up a hill or going onto a dual carriage way i get a i have strong smell like the clutch is burning or somthing....Yet we fitted a brand new exedy clutch with the engine swap.

I know the cutch pedal is very very light and im not too sure wether its ment to be like that with a new clutch or wether i was supposed to adjust the cable...

Could it be that the clutch is not fully engaging and when i reach a certain rev range it starts to slip or burn?

Anyone shed some light on this?

Jas

I used to get that smell on my SR, it was leaking valve seals, maybe your engine is drinking oil?

And a friend with an 1.3 SLX has a similar smell, but more like rotten eggs... :laugh:

funny you say that cus when i toook the old pugs out of the 1300cc i found them to be very black as if it was burning oil...and i do get the odd wif of oil when drviing slowly.

So how easy is it to re-fit new valve seals? as the head has already been off once for skimming :(

check ur o2 & MAF sensors also working cos it may cause ecu to run in rich safe mode and saturate the cat in unburnt fuel which then burns and overheats it

funny you say that cus when i toook the old pugs out of the 1300cc i found them to be very black as if it was burning oil...and i do get the odd wif of oil when drviing slowly.

So how easy is it to re-fit new valve seals? as the head has already been off once for skimming :(

You have to remove the head to take off the valves, otherwise you cant change the valve seals. Did you check the oil level? I used to get a low level after some miles giving her a bad time...

Back