high RPM on my 1995 k11 heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

hello everybody

today some one told me to put some car oil in the throttle body (remove the oil filter box and putting oil in the air that goes to the engine) to clean the throttle and improves the engine performance

so I did that I put some 5w30 there and there was a lot of smoke out of the car for few minutes after that everything was ok but the rpm still on 1500 or little more even remove the battery wires turn off the car remove the sensors wires in the throttle body and putting the battery and try to starts the car again still the same problem

so may the problem would be cause on of the sensor or what and how can i fix that

or should I reset the ECU to the factory setting (by the way i don't know how to do that) or take it to someone to check the car via OBD

please tell me what to do know

actually i can see some oil on the MAF but even if I remove it wires still the same rpm

although should i clean this MAF or buy new one ?!

if I let it for few days may it become 0k?

today i bought a carb cleaner and I clean the throttle gate very well and now i can see the sensors are clean and no Oil on them not as yesterday

but still high rpm

if i turned the A/C on while the motor is running the rpm go okay must of time at 1000 or less but little times it goes up for few seconds about 1600

and of course if the A/C is off the rpm always on 1600 or more

I search in Google and I've found that some people said before cleaning the throttle the battery must be disconnected but i haven't done that

although they also said it may take some days (I already run more that 50 KM)

and many of them said the ECU must be re-programed by

as i understood to reset ECU to factory most new cars cane be done with that following some tips an and u see the engine check light is flashing means u r in the programing mode

but i think none of them works with my 1995 k11 I think it's old enough to do that it's even doesn't have engine check light

although i even tried disconnect the battery for more than 2 hours but it doesn't work

please can some one help me in this strange case

so what can i get from that tiny led

I just searched now how to reset ODB1 I found that to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then the computer should be restarted and i already did that but didn't work for me

I'm afraid that would be problem in my engine

the led flags the faultcode, 12 is the maf iirc (1 flash, then 2 flashes)
does yours run any different with the maf disconnected ?

I searched everywhere around the fuese box I couldn't find any led or light

is it in the fuse box or in the ECU ??

does my dashboard has the engine check light

mine is lke this one

imgp2812.jpg

mine is lke this one

imgp2812.jpg

did you read that link i posted ?
quote "the arrow in the pic points to an led for testing when you shortout the 2 connections btw"

46251.jpg

did you read that link i posted ?
quote "the arrow in the pic points to an led for testing when you shortout the 2 connections btw"

View attachment 26001

yes I read that post on the link it was very helpful thanks and I did the connect between them

but now I can't find that led light (as I read in many posts that the led should be in ECU) and the ECU is little hard to reach so I have to remove the plastic cover to reach the ECU. but even in the 100% i can't see any lights there when I connect the jumper

and I also read that some k11 micra has engine check light in the dashboard instead of led but I'm not sure whether mine has or not I've never see it on my dashboard

so how can I know my ECU code. and if the ECU doesn't have any codes would the led or engine check lights turn on

and thank you

yes the later ones use a checklight on the dash, 95 is borderline pre-nats/nats iirc
is yours the smaller pre-nats ecu ? (bottom, with an led behind the 4 tiny holes iirc)
or a nats one ? (top) with an led behind the little glass covered oval hole

PB010009.JPG

I think mine is the one the bottom but I can't see it all before removing the whole cover coz it's behind the fuse box in very hard place to see it

although i think my car is much better now the rpm went back to 900-1000 and I'm so happy thank you bro

but I would like to know how to read the odb. so my car is 1995 that's mean it has the engine check light right ? but it has never came on

okay if the ECU has no errors should it come on or no ?

Back