Hi!

Hi all,

just thought I would introduce myself. I am new to Micra world, although this is not my first Nissan. I have just sold my 350BHP Pulsar GTiR, great fun, great car but single MPG figures and over 2grand for insurance is not good!
My new car is my mums old Micra K11 1.0L (we call 'Low Fat Bread')
Its just as much fun as the Pulsar to drive (in a different way) as is great on fuel and insurance. MPG is the new BHP!
I want make LFB a 'drivers' car and want to add some stickier tyres, uprated suspension, bigger brakes, thicker roll bars and bushes etc etc. If anyone has advice about which products are best for the K11, I would love to hear from you.
Im not bothered about engine tuning at the moment, I just want to carry the speed (that takes a while the gather!) through the corners and stop the body roll. How can a car weighing 800KG roll so much?!

Many thanks and kindest regards
Simon

Suspension- cheap options are cut springs(free) then 35mm springs (£90) 50mm springs (£170) coilovers (£500+) all prices are new so second hand parts can be sought

Bigger brakes- not really needed unless theres alot of power so maybe better discs pads hoses and fluid would be good enough

Roll bars- whiteline is the main manufacturer that i know of for these, you can get 20 or 22mm ones and they really do stiffen up the body roll.

Bushes- you can get nismo ones

Best place for all the above is matt humphris (MPH)

Search humphris of oxford on google, click on the motorsport section and the parts list should be there. Plenty to look at

Welcome and enjoy your stay

Welcome

Think stani has pretty much covered it, there arent alot of parts available but imo the ones that are, are good bits of kit.

If youre happy making stuff fit / building custom stuff, then all the better. :)

Brilliant, thanks for the welcomes and advice,
well its started already, OZ rally wheels, Yoko tyres, neg camber, poly bushes and 35mm springs.
What great little cars, having so much fun and im getting 45mpg! Have already planned a trip to Finland in July too!
thanks again
Simon

Back