Hi people

Just signed up, hopefully get some good information from you people and share some of mine, when I get some. I've just take the insides out of my 1.4 Twister, to put in a Multi Disc etc, a few modifications required but all in all not to shabby. Then I came to the actually radio replacement. Why do all the diagrams differ for this? So now I would like to ask someone who may know how this is done. I have two connectors a 10 pin and a 6 pin that connect into the rear of the radio. From left to right looking at the 10 pin it has 7 wires attaches. Top Row: Blue Brown Red Yellow Blue/Black. Bottom Row: Black/White Black/Red None None None. Hello and Many Thanks

Thanks, but the connector is no more. I really need knowledge of which wire does what. The 12v Battery, 12v Ingnition, and Earth. But from what I have read so far. The radio was earthed thru the housing so i can take one from the cigarette lighter.

Red/blue stripe - orange
Blue/White stripe - red
Red/black stripe - yellow
The black wire from the radio will have no where to go as the k11 does not have a direct earth wire so you must earth the radio i.e just wrap it around the cage the radio sits in make sure the actual wire makes contact with the cage an is secure

The other wires are speakers they're very straight forward
But if needed I'll post them too

My late model 1.4 earths the headunit through the aerial socket, if you unplug the aerial the headunit doesn't work.

Many Thanks @gtsnissanb & @essexpunk. The wire colours that are stated aren't in the loom. As stated I have two connectors. One has 10 pins (7 used), the other 6 pins (5 used). 10 pin as stated before, 6 pin Top Row: White/Black, Black/Green, Black/Pink. The Bottom Row: None, Red/Yellow, Red/Black. The aerial information is brilliant, I will get an adaptor tomorrow as it is a different fitting than the push in plug. From the looks of it on sites information I have read etc. I should be using Top Left (12v Ign), Bottom Left ((Earth) was going to use the Earth from the Cigarette Lighter)), Top middle (12v Battery).

Sorry Mate, I don't know how to? There does seem to be an isert picture on to this message.

You can only post photos if you're a Bronze member or above. Just use Photobucket, and post the links on here :grinning:

Yer I would never realy on the aerial earth, they are notoriously dodgey, better to bolt a cable to something and wire into the earth.

Today I purchased a convertor for the aerial input. Unfortunately it was on ebay, so will take a few days before I will recieve it. This is the link I found for the radio harness
Nissan-Wiring.pdf
. My car is a 02 plate, but the connections are like the 85-94 except the wires are different colours as explained earlier. I'm hoping the positions are the same that would make the cables colours that I require to be Blue (12v IGN), Red (12v BAT), the earth I will take off the cigarette lighter. I think this is correct.

Hi people, many thanks to everybody so far. I'd like to thank everybody, not sure how to do that. But so far I have got power to my header unit once I got the aerial adaptor.
The wires are as follows:
Blue/Black - 12v+ Ignition
Red - 12v+ Battery
Yellow - Goes to the passenger fuse box.
Black/White - RH Front Speaker.
Blue - RH Front Speaker.
Brown - LH Front Speaker.
Black/Red - LH Front Speaker.
Red/Yellow - LH Rear Speaker.
Black/Yellow - LH Rear Speaker.
Black/Pink - RH Rear Speaker.
Red/Black - RH Rear Speaker.
White/Black - Alarm.
There is no earth. So I cut one into the earth on cigarette lighter. Black wire.

Everything is now fitted and working.

Back