HI I'M BACK!!

Hello Everyboby,
I am back with you all again! I bought a Micra K11 1998 3dr hard top R864NGF bought on the 1st Oct / Monday for £250 as advertised on gumtree for £395 advert read mechanical sound, which it is as last owner replaced the clutch & other parts . I noticed that it has OBD 1 connector but when I tried to fit it with a scanner nothing worked and today when I took the cover off where the radio/cd player is I notice that this K11 appears not to have had a ecu fitted at all is that correct? As where the unit should be I have two black wire connectors which don't appear to have been used. This model doesn't have PAS, Airbags and rear windscreen wiper. Car drives and everything works ok and even better I have fitted two steering wheel driving knobs, to aid my driving as I havea arm diablitily I have always prefered manual steering less to go wrong !! I sold my old k11 with the blown head gasket for £150 then the kind taxman gave me a refund that gave me the cash to buy the 1998 model.

Yours Peter0003

Hi,Peter here Ok where would the ecu be then if its not under the facia under the radio unit!! It is not in that position as it would be when I had my 2002 K11. Could it be somewhere else? Peter0003

It's on the exhaust tunnel, same as the coil pack models , and if its.Got a airbag th eres a airbag module in front under the cuppy hole

It's on the exhaust tunnel, same as the coil pack models , and if its.Got a airbag th eres a airbag module in front under the cuppy hole
Where's the exhaust tunnel (inside the car or inthe engine bay? and this model was registers on the 30-03-1998 has NO airbags or PAS the last owner never found the ECU & told me that it was never fitted!

Ok Nissan Boy, I've have already looked there and found nothing except a threaded plate to where it is ,so postto be situtated & the two black plugs hanging down. I can drive this car without the unit fitted!! Even if you tell me, I shouldn't be able drive it,it does!!!!!!!!! Maybe the unit is somewhere else? My Citroen 2Cv near had a ecu and could be driven without any computer control. So maybe this k11 is a older model & doesn't need it??

all k11’s use a ecu from factory. So unless somebody did alot Or work to concert iT to Carbs And mechanical ignition iT has a ecu. Also the ecu uses only 1 big plug. And there is a big wiring loom going towards iT. Just follow the biggest wiring loom behind the dash And you should find iT.

Hi Everbody, This message is to .Maarten and Nissan boy you were correct the ECU is in the exhaust tunnel but set very far back so that you could easliy miss it. Not like k11 2002 the ECU in that model is easy to see and replace if need be.
I am sorry if I gave you the idea that you didn't know what you were talking about.

Peter0003

Back