hi people

hi im lookgoood im 23 from near leeds everyone this is my first time ever in owning a micra. The Micra is a 1993 manual 1.0 L and all the cars i have ownws this is the most reliable.

I drove an import Honda Del SOl SIR DOHC VTEC which was highly tuned and would beat 300bhp cars easily then few months ago i crashed it, so the next day i saw micra for sale for 200quid with 90k on clock with full mot but no tax as i neded a car to get about i bought it :).....and its been brilliant parts are cheap.. i got a blueprint full clutch kit for 40quid and a new backbox for a tenner :)

LATELY fuel consumptions is a bit poor i normally get like 70miles for £10 of unleaded at 113.9 per litre but now it is guzzling fuel...if i leave car idling for 2hours with heaters on full wack how much fuel will it use because that is what i do as im always at car cruizes and its pretty cold at night lol,

by the way the nmicra was in red so i painyed in matte chalkboard black abnd now i have paint brushed it gloss black :D i get bored easily lol

yes here are some pics.
this is the 1st step BELOW i painted it chalkboard matt black and painted headlights amber and cut bits out of the grill and debadged it

1.jpg

STEP 2 also painted steelies in hammerite blue :-D and then mates at cruize decided to have fun with chalk even the police thought this was hilaruious :)

2.jpg

STEP 3 got sick of the matte black as i didnt find it funny but rather embarassing coz it caught attention everywhere so i bought exterior gloss in black from B&Q for a tenner and painted the car with a paintbrush, looks alright it only used up a litre :-D i also painted engine blue and drilled holes in box...but i have covered the hole up now after i serviced it....

3.jpg

....oh i got another picture lol

4.jpg

by the way whats best tyre pressures in psi for fuel consumption and if i leave car idling for 2hours with heaters on full wack how much fuel will it use

the 3rd pic looks the best for me ..... looks a tidy car mate ................and i put 32psi all round........ why would ya want to leave the car running for 2 hours

check if you got black soot hanging around the exhaust hole/boot/bumper around their--could be coolant temp sensor
good looking car their,welcome

weird i posted a reply but its not showing...ill just write it again

no there is no soot, i bought a new exhaust backbox a month ago and its fine although centre section of exhaust had a 1p sized hole, the garage temporariy patched i up with putty till i buy new centre section but i can hear it slightly blowing.

the question of why i leave car running for like 2hours is beacuse im at cruizes everynight and its getting very cold so i leave car idling with heaters on full thats why i wanted to know how badly do heaters on micra affect fuel,

and finally im CONFUSED with tire presuures ebecasue manufactures label on car says 32psi front and 27psi rear which is what i have at moment, then someone told me its 32front and 30rear for best fuel consumption but now you said 32psi all around....so which one???? mine are the standard 13" wheels

32 allround is balanced without too much hassle--saves time
i had that petrol issue recent when bleeding the air out the heater matrix---idling and reving now and then
but i have soot on/around exhaust pipe area--signaling rich running

thanks and the car is fine on fuel if i drive like a boyracer then i will get 50miles for £10, normalmixed driving i get around 70miles, motorway i get like slightly over 100miles if i drive at 55 all way :) its only BAD when im idling with heaters on. i was idling with heaters on for 2hours with heaters on full and i had jus put 7quid woth in and after it was all gone, i dont know if thats normal beacause on my highly tuned honda vtec that used to do 24mils on £10 dint take no fuel if i left it idling with heaters on fuel so thats why im confused

Back