Hi all. In need of advice

Hi

I have myself a K11 that i have owned for 1.5 years. In this time i have changed MAF sensor/throttle body, clutch, sparks, air filters, GB oil and recently changed engine oil filter and oil.

Im a noob to mechanics and this is my first car so im trying to take care of it to the best standards i can.

I have just checked my dip stick and found the dip to smell of rich petrol.

Any ideas to what could be the cause?

Car runs fine.

Before i changed the oil the dip didnt smel of petrol.
I did not use oil flush products as i was told this could cause piston sealing rings to degrade.

BROUGHT FOR £120 @ 84K curently at 95K :love:

Hi

I have myself a K11 that i have owned for 1.5 years. In this time i have changed MAF sensor/throttle body, clutch, sparks, air filters, GB oil and recently changed engine oil filter and oil.

Im a noob to mechanics and this is my first car so im trying to take care of it to the best standards i can.

I have just checked my dip stick and found the dip to smell of rich petrol.

Any ideas to what could be the cause?

Car runs fine.

Before i changed the oil the dip didnt smel of petrol.
I did not use oil flush products as i was told this could cause piston sealing rings to degrade.

BROUGHT FOR £120 @ 84K curently at 95K :love:

see if there is any white goo on the inside of the oil cap. that will tell you if its your head gasket, but i doubt it will be that.

Problems

Cheers for the reply.

No white goo in oil cap.

Also did the rev engine without radiator cap on and no water sperting out (aperently blown head gasket test)

As for it just hapens comment why does it just happen?

Anyway not at all woried about this petrol smell on the dip now, as the cars now developed a new problem.

Temp gauge goes up about half way after driving for 15 mins also its started eating water.

Just a guess. Prob need water pump and new temp sensor?

What do you think?

Thanks All

The temperature guage needle should be half way up the gauge. If it goes above halfway then you have a problem.

How much coolant (water) is it eating? Over how much time?

Cheers for the reply.

No white goo in oil cap.

Also did the rev engine without radiator cap on and no water sperting out (aperently blown head gasket test)

As for it just hapens comment why does it just happen?

Anyway not at all woried about this petrol smell on the dip now, as the cars now developed a new problem.

Temp gauge goes up about half way after driving for 15 mins also its started eating water.

Just a guess. Prob need water pump and new temp sensor?

What do you think?

Thanks All

filling the rad to the brim, and checking for air bubbles is a better way of checking the head gasket :)

Back