help

T

thestunt

hi everyone this is my first post,

just bought a 1999(v) micra 1.3 3dr inspiration (in yellow) and i wanted to ask a couple of things...

am i right in thinking its a k11?

what alloy wheel sizes will the car take without modifying the suspension, because in the wet its like a go cart on standard tires :)

i work at nmuk but never made micra's (just primera's and almera's so dont know alot about micra's except they indestructable engine wise)

thanks

Paul

Yep they sure are K11's.

Alloys wise, i should think you should be fine with standard suspension with like 14" or even however I'm sure some more of the experienced members will helps you out. :)

thanks.... tire sit has on at min are 165/60 t14 , im not worried about the wheel size, i'd be happy enough to stay at 14" but want to know how wide a tyre can the car take without body work mods?, 195's would do me fine, does any one have any for sale?

look in the buy n sell section....
Welcome to the club by the way. and we do have a search facility if you need more help than that.
post up some pics would be interesting to see this beast of yours

195 tyre will not cause any problem with the body work :) even when lowered 35mm

most people tend to go with a 15" rim with 195/45/15 tyre and lower it 35mm.

Welcome to the MSC. How much did you pay for the K11 and what milage etc does it have?

it would seem at least 3 ..lol... but to be fair it is the most striking colour when clean. but looks real cheap n nasty when dirty for some reason. there is a yellow one up my road and i swear it cant be the same yellow as mine coz his looks crap. i might sneak up there one night and detail his car just to see for meself what clour lies beneath..lol

arnold...

was 2499, with 52k on the clock, but comes with dealer warranty and just been serviced, interoor and body work is mint, barely look used, i had a primera before but i love this car to bits engine is pretty perky and the gear change is nice... its just the cornering where it suffers but some new wheels should sort that.and pulling away in the wet is mad... the wheels seem to spin forever.. got a pipercross filter on order as well so hopefully it'll make it even better..

buddyspudface... yeah its got a/c ,rear headrests ,leather wheel and gearstick, i like your wheels by the way

p

thestunt said:
arnold...

was 2499, with 52k on the clock, but comes with dealer warranty and just been serviced, interoor and body work is mint, barely look used, i had a primera before but i love this car to bits engine is pretty perky and the gear change is nice... its just the cornering where it suffers but some new wheels should sort that.and pulling away in the wet is mad... the wheels seem to spin forever.. got a pipercross filter on order as well so hopefully it'll make it even better..

buddyspudface... yeah its got a/c ,rear headrests ,leather wheel and gearstick, i like your wheels by the way

p

Cheers for that info. Im keeping my eyes open for a Yellow K11 (not for me!), was just wondering what you paid and what was included :)

i'm going to put 185/55 x 14 tyres on mine. the overall diameter stays roughly the same to keep the speedo accurate. and because it's a fiesta tyre size, they ar'nt that expensive either. unlike 195's.

ive seen a set of 185 60 14's tsw's that i like, they are 4 stud alloys, is there any reason why they wouldnt fit the micra?

nuts i thought they would fit if they were 14"'s and correct tire size....i bought them from ebay... fingers crossed otherwise they'll have to go back on :-(

you were right.. tried to fit today.. stud distance is too big :-( that'll teach me for trying to get some wheels on the cheap :)

sorry to here that. look again on ebay if you must,only this time go armed with the knowledge that you gained and grab a bargin.........

Back