K11 Gearbox and heater help!!

Hi guys, just been to see a micra i was looking into buying its a 2003 Irish 1.0 k11.
Test drive went well except the clutch pedal felt restricted and very stiff and also gears didn't go in very easily.
Also the heater was non-existent and didn't actually blow any air out of the vents even on full.
I was hoping if somebody could give me an indication of whether this is how it should feel as i am used to driving a 2007 ford focus and i have never driven anything older than that and i dont know what it should feel like. any help would be greatly appreciated as i haven't bought it yet but its a good deal if this is ho all micra's are.

Sounds like the bearing in the top of the box is running a bit dry. Its where the lever goes in the top of the box at the end of the clutch cable. You have to drill a hole in the top of the box to oil it.
Frank put a picture of where to drill on here a few moons ago. And no, its not normal.
Micras do have heater problems, normally associated with the resistor cards down in the passenger footwell.
10 mm socket will get it out, you'll be able to see whether that's the problem by looking at it.

Get into the passenger footwell and look up ( this is what you are looking for, 8mm socket and the card slips out )
image.jpg

Sounds like the bearing in the top of the box is running a bit dry. Its where the lever goes in the top of the box at the end of the clutch cable. You have to drill a hole in the top of the box to oil it.
Frank put a picture of where to drill on here a few moons ago. And no, its not normal.
Micras do have heater problems, normally associated with the resistor cards down in the passenger footwell.
10 mm socket will get it out, you'll be able to see whether that's the problem by looking at it.

Anybody have a link to the thread that the picture was in? spent half an hour searching and haven't found anything?

Back